• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

School me on Harris Bipod / Area419 Clamp

MDof2

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2020
Magatopia
I'm kind of lost on this, so go easy on me.

I have an older Harris bipod. HBR I believe it is. Attached to the single stud in a traditional wood stock.

I've got a Area 419 arca lock rail for this particular stock which I want to install, and am wanting to use the harris bipod if possible with the addition of the Area419 arca clamp to it with their adapter. https://www.area419.com/product/harris-bipod-clamp-kit/

I can't for the life of me figure out how those two pieces attach without another part in the middle? So I stumbled over to Harris' website to have a look at their adapters, and it gets even muddier as I don't see anything that jump out at me to make this connection. https://www.harrisbipods.com/adapters/

The Area 419 image shows a different Harris bipod (cant flavor). Is this only possible with the Harris HRBS bipod?

Cliffs:
I want to use this:
1qsThJ7.jpg

with this adapter:
GyEzrP2.jpg

Is that possible, or am I a generation or two behind?

I'm kind of lost on this, so go easy on me.

I have an older Harris bipod. HBR I believe it is. Attached to the single stud in a traditional wood stock.

I've got a Area 419 arca lock rail for this particular stock which I want to install, and am wanting to use the harris bipod if possible with the addition of the Area419 arca clamp to it with their adapter. https://www.area419.com/product/harris-bipod-clamp-kit/

I can't for the life of me figure out how those two pieces attach without another part in the middle? So I stumbled over to Harris' website to have a look at their adapters, and it gets even muddier as I don't see anything that jump out at me to make this connection. https://www.harrisbipods.com/adapters/

The Area 419 image shows a different Harris bipod (cant flavor). Is this only possible with the Harris HRBS bipod?

Cliffs:
I want to use this:
1qsThJ7.jpg

with this adapter:
GyEzrP2.jpg

Is that possible, or am I a generation or two behind?

EDIT:
My bad missed you don't have a "S" swivel model. What you would need is an Arca to sling swivel stud adapter. I don't know of one off top of head but I'm sure someone makes one.

I don’t believe you can since the 419 clamp attaches where the tightening mechanism is for the cant on the BRMS (the brass washer held on by the cross pin in the center of the second pic)

I have that adapter and the rrs as well and judging off your picture your Harris may not be a candidate. I don’t have that model so hard for me to tell from anything other then your pictures.

My bad missed you don't have a "S" swivel model. What you would need is an Arca to sling swivel stud adapter. I don't know of one off top of head but I'm sure someone makes one.
Yeah, that would make much more sense. Would seem that's a pretty small market space however.
Maybe I have to retire this bipod to another rifle and look for a "S" type Harris to go this route.

Another thing you could attempt is to take the swivel adapter off your Arca clamp, then use a generic machine thread (not wood screw) swivel stud in one of the holes. May need to add some washers but could make it work for pretty cheap.

Something like this:

Another thing you could attempt is to take the swivel adapter off your Arca clamp, then use a generic machine thread (not wood screw) swivel stud in one of the holes. May need to add some washers but could make it work for pretty cheap.

Something like this:
I guess I could chuck up a short rail in the lathe and make an adapter to then go to the Area419, but was trying to avoid this brain damage.

Ulfhednar has a swivel stud adapter for their Loke clamp, which would accomplish your goal. More expensive than a new bipod, though.

I made myself an adaptation for a Harris.
Just bougth this
1- dismounted the original attachment parts of the Harris bipod.
2- filed a bit of the top of the “V” shape part that make contact with the forearm when you mount the bipod, to make a small depression that match with the release clamp base and to get a better fixing.
3 – attached the release clamp with a screw the same threading of the release clamp.
20210127_201301.jpg
20210127_201247.jpg
4 – degreased and epoxy glued the contact surfaces of bipod and release clamp to improve fixing