• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

School me on Sloky torque limiters.

plong

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2010
    USA
    I purchased my first Sloky torque limiter (49 in-lb for AX). I was expecting it to behave like a click-type torque screwdriver/wrench that I’ve used for years going back to my “car guy” days. The Sloky seems to just begin to turn, albeit with a fair bit of resistance, once you reach the desired torque. Is this the correct behavior for this style of torque limiter?

All my smaller ones, which are @3/8” in diameter, including my 49# click, my 65# which is larger, @3/4” in diameter, just slips. Mine are a few years old, don’t know if they have changed them.

They slip. It's potentially an advantage over the click type, because you can't over torque if you miss the click, especially at lower values.

They're slipping at the listed value, so that's the resistance you feel. I've noticed that some slip smoothly, and some have a bit of a clicking feel.

Same as above, the small ones do, bigger ones (I use the 65# for NF rail bolts) just slip

they work perfectly as they match up with my Wheeler torque device very closely, but I trust the Sloky more as the Wheeler is adjustable