• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

School me on Winchester 75 Target .22's

superde

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2003
Bryan, Texas
Saw one at my local shop with peep sights and an old leather sling. I think it said made in 1952. It was a little worn from use and had a nice trigger. What can you guys tell me about this rifle?

Re: School me on Winchester 75 Target .22's

It was the "second best" WRA target rifle behind the Model 52. Very popular in school, 4H etc training shooting. A fine shooter and excellent rifle. I would demand a test firing as most 22 RFs with problems are man made from over done cleaning. Also made in a very nice sporting rifle version.

Here's a typical nice one, (target) to look at. Probably would sell for $500 or so.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122504806

Mr Humble not trying to bust your chops but posting a link from ........is a big no-no!

Here's some pics of mine,,just got a Unertl 12x for it too. Would love to find a front globe set up too,,already have a Lyman rear peep.

edit,,crap pics not working will get some tomorrow

Yup you are correct, won't do that again. Just trying to show the guy what a nice one looked like.

Ductape has one and a model 37. both are one holers at 50yrds all the old Winnies are worn and look beat up, hell I was born in 1952 and their in much better shape than me!!!???

If you don't mind their looks get one, they are shooters!

Damn, that one on GB above looks great and priced right, HUMMMMM

There is something (a bit vague) about links to competing sites. Since we have a for sale section on SH, I suppose GB is competition in some folks eyes.

Here you are.
My sights are off ,,trying to find some new ones.
The scope blocks have been taken off in prep of putting on a Unertl 12x,,uses different block.Shoots great,can't wait till I get the Unertl mounted up.

Thank you gentlemen. The one I saw looked at felt great - trying to figure out if I need to add a second .22 this month.

You won't be disappointed...come with sights? scope blocks? What do they want for it?

It looks almost identical to the GunB add. It has Redfield sights, and the same leather sling, with one magazine. It has some wear on it from use. They are asking $600, which after looking is a little high. It's probably on consignment, so i'll have to find out if that price is set.

The price of 75's had made BIG jumps in the last 3 years, If you are new to target shooting the 75 is a good place to start,If you only want to buy one gun that will meet all the .22lr target shooting for the rest of your days search around for a Mod 52C, I came back in the rimfire fold after 30+ years of centerfire and could not be happier with my 52C, I started with an old CMP beater that shot like a house afire and traded up to a real nice civilian 1956 mod 52C heavy barrel,I kept the like new redfield Olympic iron sights, bought a Ken Vaini mount for a modern scope so as not to drill and tap the receiver, my whole rig including irons,mount and fleabay 36X leupold ended up at 1200 tax tag and title, best $$ I ever put in a gun,at 100 yards you can see subsonic bullets fall out of the arc and punch the bullseye, mine loves Fed AM 22 bulk at about $15.00/ 325 rounds. The 52's hold there value well and Ive been offered many $$ more than invested

I ended up selling my 75 target when I acquired my 52C and 52D from the CMP. BTW cattle buyer, the CMP US marked 52C's are a rare bird.
There were less than 200 available from the CMP. One of the more collectible 52's. I have three 52's now, the C&D and a PreA 4 digit serial number. The 75 went to a close friend that had wanted it since I bought it.
Back to superde, the sling, if Winchester marked, is rare to find on the 75. Most were lost or not bought when the rifle was bought. That would add to the price. If it is a miltary marked sling from WWI era, it would add another $150 or so dollars to the value.

model75winchester012-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

you will enjoy your Model 75, they shoot very well. we shoot metal and the peep sights are great for this. You can get a lot of help from SH forums, the people on here are very knowledgeable.