• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SCOOOOOOORRRRREE I just picked up another Leupold

MtGoat

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2003
Middleton, Idaho
I just picked up another Leupold 3.5-10x50 EFR. Off to Leupold for a new reticle and M1 knobs
grin.gif

I was going to check on a TMR reticle....any suggestions as to which reticle to replace the duplex reticle?

Pat

Re: SCOOOOOOORRRRREE I just picked up another Leupold

$160.00 for a TMR and your in for the win. Been there done that, going back again.

If I were you I would hold off. Rumor has it that Leupold may be offering M5 turret upgrades some time in the next year or so. It might be worth while to just sit on that scope (not literally) until that gets sorted out and figure out if that scope can be configured with M5 turrets before you spend mony on the M1 turrets.

I called and talked to them just the other day about the m5 dials, they're going to start installing them in the next month or two, and they're only going to install them on the mark4 scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRucker2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called and talked to them just the other day about the m5 dials, they're going to start installing them in the next month or two, and they're only going to install them on the mark4 scopes.</div></div>

Thanks for the heads up. I would imagine that the Mark 4 limitation will end as soon as they get caught up with what is likely going to be a swarm of requests for M5 upgrades. If the scope can be configured for the turrets and you are willing to pay the $$$ I can't see them saying no (assuming the scope can be configured to accept them).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zanshin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thanks for the heads up. I would imagine that the Mark 4 limitation will end as soon as they get caught up with what is likely going to be a swarm of requests for M5 upgrades. If the scope can be configured for the turrets and you are willing to pay the $$$ I can't see them saying no (assuming the scope can be configured to accept them).</div></div>
Boy, I hope so. I didn't ask for a reason why they were only doing Mark 4's, I just silently sobbed to myself. (I really want a VX3 with m5 dials)

I would imagine the MK4 is for the 30mm tube as the EFR has a 1" tube.

The scope ends up being the cheap part...new knobs, new reticle, new rings for the 50mm objective, ring inserts for the 30mm rings
crazy.gif

Pat

That would be a heck of a rimfire scope with M5 turrets. I can see the argument to only placing them on Mark 4s though

Good luck on getting anything from Leupold that you order, I've been trying to get a simple elevation dial for my Mark4 M3 for the M118 LR ammo for over three months and have a drawer full of the wrong dials that they sent me, they've got my money and I still don't have what I ordered. When I get enough post so that I can sell things here, I'm putting it up for sale and getting something that has better customer service.

I have the TMR in my Leopold. I think you will like it. Very good reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zanshin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> just sit on that scope (not literally) </div></div>

The things that make me laugh at 1:30 in the morning...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iShoot17</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That would be a heck of a rimfire scope with M5 turrets. I can see the argument to only placing them on Mark 4s though </div></div>

Leupold replied that the M5's are onl;y for FFP scopes so no go.

Pat