• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Scope advice for my GA Precision Rock

Rancho

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2014
So I am ordering my Rock by GA Precision today and was wondering before I go too crazy what recommendations would some of you that own GAP rifles have for a scope.
1. I'll be shooting at a max distance of 300m where I shoot possibly longer if/when I shoot F-class.
2. I will use this for hunting and possibly competing in F-class high power
3. I have the funds to get the "right" scope for this rifle so price isn't a huge matter.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

If you don't mind the weight the Vortex Razor GenII, 3-18 and 4.5 27 are very versatile,
If 300 is your max the Kahles 3-12 with AMR reticle is great option as well

Thankyou,
The rifle is already 10lbs so weight isn't a massive concern. Reliability and durability is more of a concern and adjustment for longer range versatility. I was also looking at Nightforce

the ATACR would be a good scope for that. If shooting groups is your thing with F-class then a SFP scope would probably be a benefit

Thanks gentlemen, keep them coming I like to have many perspectives when making decisions on equipment.
I run a Millet on my Larue 7.62 PredatAR but the glass isn't as nice as I'd like to be shooting through on the Rock. Plus I hope to be pushing this out to further distances. I shot someones rig with a Vortex and that glass was nice but I also tried a nightforce and that was even nicer.
My knowledge of high quality scopes is lacking so all advice is appreciated.

ETA: Randoman I pissed myself when I checked out the S&B scope I don't think I am actually worthy of such a lofty piece of equipment!

Last edited:
You can also save some $ and buy SWFA SS 5-20x50HD. A lot of scope for the money.

SWFA just sent an email out cutting the price of the Vortex Razor HD 5-20 to $1400. Discount applies to all reticle,turret combos.

Why do you limit yourself to 300 yards?

Lancaster is too far a ride?

Do you have a budget in mind? It would be easier to give advice if you have a budget in mind.

Are you referring to Lancaster, PA?

Lancaster, MA.

No Amish in Lancaster MA. Just failed Utopian dreams and Shaker settlements that died off in accordance with their chastity vows.

Last edited:
Rancho,

I have Nightforce NXS 5.5x22 scopes on my tactical style rifles and have never been dissappointed. They have been great at the range. But, hunting with these rifle scope combo's, would probably be a little heavy.

Euro Optics is doing a pre-order sale on any Kahles bought with $50.00 down until Oct. 15th.... $1900 for a K312 MSR save $500.00 or $2350.00 for the K624 Mildot 6 for a $650.00 savings! Wow that's a sweet deal, I love my K312 and have had zero complaints over a year and a half and three match's.
For the short range work you're dealing with any top tear 3-12, 3-15, 4-16 would be more then enough. But so would a S&B 5-25x56 MSR which I also love although you'll give up a little FOV but you'll have way more top end. Everything has a trade off to some degree, it's just a question of where your doing most of your shooting?

Don't discount the NIGHTFORCE nxs series. Great scope for the money and built like a tank. Use the money not spent on a s&b and put that into ammo.

Why do you limit yourself to 300 yards?

Lancaster is too far a ride?

Where is that ?

Thanks for all of the great info and advice gentlemen I really do appreciate it. I am narrowing down the field . As for the Schmidt benders they are really nice and it's tempting because I could afford it, but I think I want to save a little to spend on other goodies to go with the rifle.

Where is that ?

Thanks for all of the great info and advice gentlemen I really do appreciate it. I am narrowing down the field . As for the Schmidt benders they are really nice and it's tempting because I could afford it, but I think I want to save a little to spend on other goodies to go with the rifle.

Rt 2, Exit 37.

SWFA just sent an email out cutting the price of the Vortex Razor HD 5-20 to $1400. Discount applies to all reticle,turret combos.
After some deliberation and cash considerations I decided to go with the Vortex RZR550 Razor HD 5-20x50 EBR-1 MOA That price point leaves me some cash for other goodies like a spotting scope. Thanks again for everyone's advice.