• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Advice (Newby)

Snip-er

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2017
So I just bought a Savage Stealth in 308. I'm mostly only gonna be target shooting, but may dable in coyote shooting from time to time, but will definitely be shooting more target than anything. My home shooting club has a 850 yd range. I'm looking to be able to shoot from 100 to a 1000 yards. My budget I'd like to stay under is $600. Of course the lesser the better, but I do want some decent glass to shoot both 100 to a 1000. Not sure if I should do MIL or MOA help there would be appreciated. I don't think I want a 50mm objective, but we'll see. Not sure if I should go with a FFP or a SFP I'll take advice on that. Also I think I'd like a BDC retical, but will take advice on that as well. Thanks. for everyone's time, I appreciate it.

Also any advice on mounts and rings that won't
Break the bank are welcome too.

I'm not new to rifle shooting, but it has been 20 plus years since my Infantry days, so I am new to Optics and can use all the help I can get. Thank you.

Last edited:
I just bought an Athlon Midas Btr couple months ago after reading some great peer reviews from one of my buddies who teaches a long range shooting course (1000+ yards). I’m super happy with it on my .308. so far was only able to get to use it at 200 yards- max the range by me goes.

OK,what is your budget?

So I just bought a Savage Stealth in 308. I'm mostly only gonna be target shooting, but may dable in coyote shooting from time to time, but will definitely be shooting more target than anything. My home shooting club has a 850 yd range. I'm looking to be able to shoot from 100 to a 1000 yards. My budget I'd like to stay under is $600. Of course the lesser the better, but I do want some decent glass to shoot both 100 to a 1000. Not sure if I should do MIL or MOA help there would be appreciated. I don't think I want a 50mm objective, but we'll see. Not sure if I should go with a FFP or a SFP I'll take advice on that. Also I think I'd like a BDC retical, but will take advice on that as well. Thanks. for everyone's time, I appreciate it.

Also any advice on mounts and rings that won't
Break the bank are welcome too.

I'm not new to rifle shooting, but it has been 20 plus years since my Infantry days, so I am new to Optics and can use all the help I can get. Thank you.

It would be our pleasure to discuss different options with you. please feel free to give us a call.
Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else we can assist you with please let me know.
Doug
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Rd
Old Bethpage NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our website @ www.cameralandny.com