• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope advise request

Cajunjarhead

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2009
Louisiana
Looking for a little advise, I'm new to this site, but not to shooting. I currently shoot a 700PSS 7.62 w/ Leupold MK IV 3.5x10 40mm. this is a great gun and shoots 1/2 MOA. It is my primary weapon and is the one I will continue to shoot the most. But I was just invited to shoot Pdog in Wy and went out and got a 700SPS in 22-250 varmint. Looking to put a scope on this gun, right now I'm only looking for a scope for this hunt. I would like to know if anyone has experience with Alpen rifle scope and Weaver Scopes. I'm not able to put out the money to get a Leupold/Zeiss/NF ect...
Any help would be great. Also I did try to find any post about Alpen rifle scope, but didn't see any replies. Thanks.
Semper Fi

Re: Scope advise request

If you only need it for this hunt, put your leupy on it. Why is that not an option? I can't see why you would waste money on a scope you really don't want.

That would be a great idea that I didn't thank of. But my 22-250 is going up there with in-laws about a 2-3 weeks before me (they are traveling and I'm only flying up for a couple of days) The Leupold has to stay on the 7.62 as it is for work. Thanks for the reply.

Have you looked into Falcon or Sightron? Those would be my two choices other than the top shelf ones you mentioned.

That would be a great idea that I didn't thank of. But my 22-250 is going up there with in-laws about a 2-3 weeks before me (they are traveling and I'm only flying up for a couple of days) The Leupold has to stay on the 7.62 as it is for work. Thanks for the reply.
You should be able to take the scope with you in carry-on since it's not an NFA item or attached to a firearm. If asked, you can legitimately declare it's for wildlife viewing. Mount and zero before the PD hunting and reverse the process for the return trip. Where in Wyoming?