• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope attachments for more MOA

SanPatHogger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
I would like to shoot an ELR 22 match this fall. I have an Athlon Helos 6-24 gen 2 on 50moa of base and rings. With the ammo I am shooting now I should be able to dial close to 500 yards and then hold another 10 mil to get to 600. So far the furthest I've shot is 450.
I know there will be some guys at this match that are super bad asses with big money setups. The target sizes are pretty generous and I think with a little practice and luck I could push pretty far.
I am looking at something like the Axeon second zero, but they only make it in 4.3 and 11.5 moa shift. They are under $100. The next step up looks to be the Nighforce wedge, and holy crap it's $1,000. Charlie TARAC is super badass but WAY over budget.
At the bottom of the Axeon second zero page they list the option for custom units. I seem to remember I have about 27 mil of upward travel from my zero. I don't know what is available but 50-90 MOA would be pretty sweet. 50 MOA would put me to almost 720 yards, 90 moa would be almost 800. Could I hit anything that far away, I have no idea.
Has anybody ever looked into the custom Axeon? Says they are built by TACOM. Prices start at $360, that seams reasonable.

Have you considered the Burris rings with the inserts?
Simple, effective and not too expensive.
Also, they don't leave marks on your scope tube.

You could do the alpha tarac for a Little’s less than the NF

Have you considered the Burris rings with the inserts?
Simple, effective and not too expensive.
Also, they don't leave marks on your scope tube.
I don't think they will help. I am already maxed out with elevation. I want to crank from 50 to 500 and then flip something up in front of my scope to push out to 800 or so. Thats a lot of MOA past what my setup does now.

You could do the alpha tarac for a Little’s less than the NF

Problem is they are only 7.5 moa. I need almost 90. From my 50 yard zero I can crank 25.5 mil. So I need almost 90 MOA flip up, that would let me restart at about zero and then crank through my scope again. That would put me at roughly 750 yards.
Crazy to think doubling the scope and adding the reticle would only push me to about 830.
Maybe I'll hold off for now and just push what I have for now.

I shot yesterday evening, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400 all really good and dope was right on. Skipped 500 and pushed to 600. Cranked 25 mil and then had to hold 10. Well I forgot to hold and shot the crosshairs. Realized my mistake and then held 10. 2 bullet holes sideways on the cardboard backer. Adjusted and reshot, a few round holes low right, corrected and added a few more holes. I didn't hit the 24 inch plate at 600 but I shot a group low and right of it. problem with no feedback is driving back and forth to check targets. Then the wind picks up or dies down a little and your correction is wrong.

How far is the match shooting? Most ELR .22 matches I have seen are not past 600 yards.

How far is the match shooting? Most ELR .22 matches I have seen are not past 600 yards.
Match director says he is prepared to go to 1,300. Or as far as it takes to only have one person left.

Look up Chicken Creek ELR. In south Texas near Goliad.

I sent a request for a custom prism unit at 90 MOA. They suggested I look at the Bravo and Charlie. The Bravo looks like the Nightforce wedge, and about the same price, almost $1,000. The Charlie starts about $1,400. They are sooo cool and I want one.... But hard to justify to go shoot a hand full of times for practice and 1 match a year.

I think I like it. Looks like its a little more than just lipping a lens up, but its about the same as putting a prism on and off.
Wish it was a 90 MOA mount, with only 70 there will be a little overlap of zero and 70.
Righ now I have a 30 moa base and a 20 moa mount. I have a 50 moa base to swap out. 70 moa would put me at 120. Thats 34 mil. Plus the 25 in the scope is 59, then ten in the reticle is 69. Thats close to 900 yards. Thats retarded far with a 22.

OH SHIT!..... I just saw the 80-150 moa... That would put me at 86 mil. The calculator says thats past 1,000 yards. Super retarded....
This may be the answer. More elevation than I could ever realistically use. Price is $550. I've got some stuff to clear out and sell anyway.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions.

Another question. At 86 mil are you looking at the barrel yet? Can you even see the target?

I think I like it. Looks like its a little more than just lipping a lens up, but its about the same as putting a prism on and off.
Wish it was a 90 MOA mount, with only 70 there will be a little overlap of zero and 70.
Righ now I have a 30 moa base and a 20 moa mount. I have a 50 moa base to swap out. 70 moa would put me at 120. Thats 34 mil. Plus the 25 in the scope is 59, then ten in the reticle is 69. Thats close to 900 yards. Thats retarded far with a 22.

OH SHIT!..... I just saw the 80-150 moa... That would put me at 86 mil. The calculator says thats past 1,000 yards. Super retarded....
This may be the answer. More elevation than I could ever realistically use. Price is $550. I've got some stuff to clear out and sell anyway.

Thank you guys for all the suggestions.

Another question. At 86 mil are you looking at the barrel yet? Can you even see the target?
Never mind, my math is way wrong. I wouldn't even be able to zero my scope with the 80-150 moa.