• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Scope base and rings for new DPMS SASS

Deltahedge365

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
Fulshear, TX
Hi, I have been lurking around for a while researching different guns. I ended up getting a DPMS SASS. It has a picatinny rail on the top with 0 MOA cant. I will most likely start with a Viper PST scope. I'm leaning towards the 6-24x50. I want to get at least 20 MOA added on the scope mount. What is the best product to do this?

Thanks for your help.
-Jared

Re: Scope base and rings for new DPMS SASS

I think that Badger makes an adapter for 18 or 23 MOA, something like that. I never quite understood why it wasn't an "even 20" but that's besides the point, it exists and it has a positive reputation and a good track record.

I'm sure others make some base adapters as well.

Aadmount has a 20MOA built in Unimount available.

I suspect that an inclined Unimount will come in cheaper than buying good rings and a good base adapter, plus you have 1 less clamped/bolted joint in the equation and that's a good thing for reducing the variables that dictate reliability. Even if it was 20% more expensive, I'd spend the money on a precision grade unimount with machined-in incline.

If you're not a fan of unimounts (and some people aren't) that's fine, you just need to get a good adapter and a good set of rings. My personal choice has created enough controversy on this forum so I'll leave it simple to avoid bickering up a thread. I like the American Rifle Co. rings and I've bought them from Short Action Customs and directly from ARC.

Barrett makes angled rings.

Go with a unimount. Keep it simple on this build.