• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Scope base MOA question

bhoneill

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2011
Georgia
Ok guys, just got a Rem 700p LTR and have my rings but still need a base. I am looking at getting something from EGW, but what MOA do I need?

Re: Scope base MOA question

If you are going to shoot any long distance...800 yards or more..20MOA should do you just fine.

I'm assuming a .308 because .308 shooters never specify what caliber their gun is in. Look at your dope for the cartridge you will be shooting, figure out how much elevation travel your scope has and how far you will be shooting out to. Then decide if you have enough internal adjustment or require a 20 MOA base.

A 20MOA EGW HD will do the job nicely. Both the standard rails and HD's are excellent for the price.