• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope base question?

KYyeeter

Did you see the size of that chicken
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2019
Not sure if this goes here but not getting any answers the other place I posted it. So this might be a dumb question, I have a seekins r700 scope base, it has an overhang on the front of the base. Can you mount a ring to that part of the base? I figured if possible you want your rings on the most rigid parts of the base but I need to move scope forward and it’s already as far as it can go now where the rings sit as they are. My only option is to move both rings forward and it would put the front ring on that overhang. Advice or suggestions? Thanks

Yes, you can absolutely mount a ring on the overhanging part that extends beyond the front of the receiver. All of mine are mounted that way, and I have never had any issues.

Contrary to fuddlore, you want your rings spaced as FAR apart as you can, because the scope tube is more vulnerable to flexing during recoil because it is thinner and follows a straight diameter for its entire length, therefore the 2 ends will wiggle from the tube flex, caused during recoil. Therefore, the further apart you’re rings are, the the less wiggle you get, so the more rigid your scope will be mounted. 👍🏼

Yes, you can absolutely mount a ring on the overhanging part that extends beyond the front of the receiver. All of mine are mounted that way, and I have never had any issues.

Contrary to fuddlore, you want your rings spaced as FAR apart as you can, because the scope tube is more vulnerable to flexing during recoil because it is thinner and follows a straight diameter for its entire length, therefore the 2 ends will wiggle from the tube flex, caused during recoil. Therefore, the further apart you’re rings are, the the less wiggle you get, so the more rigid your scope will be mounted. 👍🏼
Now that makes sense to me. Thanks

Reactions: FuhQ
Yes you can. I like to put my rings on the scope tube close to the center of the tube between the erector/knobs and the objective and power ring. Sometimes the overhang is used and sometimes not.

IMG_09461.jpg

Reactions: KYyeeter

fuddlore... I'm stealing that! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ and KYyeeter