• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope base question?

KYyeeter

Did you see the size of that chicken
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2019
Posted this in a few other topics so if same thread different forum is frowned upon I apologize. So this might be a dumb question, I have a seekins r700 scope base, it has an overhang on the front of the base. Can you mount a ring to that part of the base? I figured if possible you want your rings on the most rigid parts of the base but I need to move scope forward and it’s already as far as it can go now where the rings sit as they are. My only option is to move both rings forward and it would put the front ring on that overhang. Advice or suggestions? Thanks

If you couldn't use it they wouldn't have left it there.

If you couldn't use it they wouldn't have left it there.
Is there any legitimacy to my question though, help me out here, I’m learning. Is that end prone to flexing or causing accuracy issues? Or it’s there, you can mount to it without any worry?

I don't mount to it- but only because I've never needed it... lots of 1 piece mounts do the same thing where they move the second ring up ahead of the base. It is not a issue-

Reactions: KYyeeter
PRI sells one as well. I’d think if two reputable companies like that continue to put out a product with their name and rep on it, you should be ok. I’m sure there are more like NF, and Badger that make an extended version as well.

Posted this in a few other topics so if same thread different forum is frowned upon I apologize.
It is so stop please. Ask one place and that's it.

Yep
IMG_9352.jpeg