• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope/base/ring question

WIVigilance

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2017
WI
I just got a new chassis and my current standard height rings/20moa rail set up is going to be to low. Is there an advantage to either going taller rings and keeping current base OR getting taller rail and keeping current rings? Thanks in advance

Kevin

the cheaper option is probably new rail (nightforce or similar) if you plan to keep old rail too
selling old rings to replace with higher ones is probably easier than selling whatever base you have now (assuming it's even worth money)

Yes I have the money part figured out, thanks
I should have worded my question better, is there a mechanical/durability advantage going one way or the other or is it a horse a piece and I’m way over thinking it?

assuming you have a high quality base already i'd opt for the new rings every day

if your base is so so if upgrade that, but probably still do new rings too because i dont see much need for the super tall bases

assuming you have a high quality base already i'd opt for the new rings every day

if your base is so so if upgrade that, but probably still do new rings too because i dont see much need for the super tall bases
Thanks for the knowledge...it’s all badger stuff so I’ll go with the taller rings

Reactions: b6graham
What size rings do you currently have? I have BO 34mm ultra high 1.49" that I'd like to swap you for 34mm high 1" BO rings.