• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope bases?

Mike-4

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2009
Sorry newbie and my search fu is weak.

I think I have settled on the Badger scope base for my new Remy 308 SPS tactical. Looking at the various sites/vendors, I don't know what the difference between the 20MOA, 30MOA, and the 20MOA with ZERO cant. Can anyone summarize in a nutshell the difference and what is the best for a novice that will be shooting out to 500-800 yrds?

thanks

Re: Scope bases?

A 20moa base with a decent Scope should be just fine should even get ya out past that if you decide to

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Search is your friend </div></div>

Thanks for your help friend. I did use the search but a bazillion hits came up. Hence, the disclaimer in the first sentence of my post.

Thanks for all the info and recommendations. I will look into EGW. I was hoping to get more info on the difference btwn the 20 & 30 and info on the ZERO CANT base. Apologize for my newbie-ness, been an AR guy for the last 30 yrs.

***Cancel this guys. Just found the info I was looking for on the EGW website.***

regards

0,20,30 put in simple terms 0 will only get you out to a certian range on elevation maybe 600 or more or less depending on scope 20 should get with some scopes out to a 1000 yards and 30 will go futher not sure but with a 308 you should be fine with 20 just incase you need a little more reach than 800 yards if you would chose to do so

Not say I'm dead on on the ranges just giving you an idea of the differences