• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Scope bottoming out?

bmwguy

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2012
NOVA, VA
Cut me some slack guys as I'm still learning as this is my first custom rifle.

It appears that I'm bottoming out on elevation. the mount isn't backward. At 100 yard, I've moved the elevation adjustment all the way down and the scope is still shooting about 12" high.

Here's the setup: LRI group buy Remy 700 chambered in 260 Remington. LRI did the custom work for truing the action and installation of barrel, action and the base. I installed the scope, ring and Manners T4A stock and Timney 510 trigger.
Base is EGW 20 MOA
Rings is Medium height Burris Signature Zee rings with Insert
Scope is Viper PST 6x24x50 FFP scope.

What next? Different ring? Different ring height?

I would try swapping the rings with a different pair, preferably something with a bit more quality... or proven quality I should say. It might just be the picture or my eyes or the whiskey, but it even seems like your front ring is taller than the rear ring? I would start with them in any case.

First thing, check under the elevation knob to make sure the shims are removed.
Then make sure you are not running offset inserts in your Burris rings or get a standard set of picatinny rings.

Check available elevation top to bottom. As poster above said there could be shims under the cap.

Just loosen the rings and rotate the inserts 180 degrees?

Make certain you don't have +º in the front ring and -º in the rear.

First thing, check under the elevation knob to make sure the shims are removed.
Then make sure you are not running offset inserts in your Burris rings or get a standard set of picatinny rings.

Nailed it right there. Since I purchased this scope used. There were bunch of shims under the elevation knob.
Thanks guys!