• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope box drill - grid reticle

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
I went shooting this morning with a new scope, the Eotech 5x25. I have been a fan of the company and their various products and I wanted an optic that was not overly large and gave me and my old eyes more magnification. At 100 meters, we got the scope dialed in and would hit center on our grid target. We tried the box drill (a couple of times) because why not? After several attempts as best as I can tell it is off .2 to .25 mils. We measure with the scope reticle, with the spotting glass reticle and with the printed grid on the target.

While this is kind of aggravating now that I am aware of it, I have a question. Since I can dial in a zero, reset my caps and I have a grid (TR3) to do holds with, should I really even care or worry about it?

Many ballistic calculators can compensate for it. If the error is large enough = send it back for repair.