• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

scope cam

Lesco Brandon

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 1, 2018
Are there any camera setups that will allow me to utilize my scope as intended (Look through the eye piece and use throw lever) while taking video? I see the side shot but it appears the mounting hardware will block the throw lever. I would like to video stages through my scope so I can go back and review to enhance learning.

Hell ya. All I could find was side shot which didn't seem to allow the throw lever to run.

Does anyone have any experience with this system? I'm interested in using it as a tool to self critique stages.

Reactions: trophyhunter
SideShot, it takes up minimal eye relief, moving the mag ring is difficult but still doable. If you are constantly moving you mag ring I don’t know what would work best. They all kinda cover that area.

Hell ya. All I could find was side shot which didn't seem to allow the throw lever to run.

Does anyone have any experience with this system? I'm interested in using it as a tool to self critique stages.

Works with my Rem 783 and high rings. Got it for the same reason, to help my nephew get his technique down. Only thing I found is that I had to get a new photo app for my iPhone that allows for manual focus.

Mike

Last edited:
Works with my Rem 783 and high rings. Got it for the same reason, to help my nephew get his technique down. Only thing I found is that I had to get a new photo app for my iPhone that allows for manual focus.

Mike
Perfect, thanks.

I can’t get this video from my phone to post because it’s not the correct format, but here is a screen shot from the video to so you what the image looks like.

Mike

Attachments

• 69B6D4A6-00DC-44E3-84ED-82700B021D26.jpeg
    69B6D4A6-00DC-44E3-84ED-82700B021D26.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Lesco Brandon
Side shot.
Have tried a bunch, side shot works wonderful.
Out of the way
Doesn’t mess with eye relief too much
Extremely sturdy

Reactions: trophyhunter
Side shot.
Have tried a bunch, side shot works wonderful.
Out of the way
Doesn’t mess with eye relief too much
Extremely sturdy
Doesn’t the mounting bars interfere with the throw lever?

Not as much as you think.
How often do you really need the to bottom out the mag.
Even with that issue it is a superior product. I have 2 others that attach differently and those have been relegated to my sons pellet rifle...not even my 22lr

Doesn’t the mounting bars interfere with the throw lever?

Do you mean the bolt throw? As looking from the rear of the scope the mounting bars are at the lower left and upper right of the scope tube. It’s not really a problem.

Mike

Hi,

Just FWIW..if you are wanting to critique yourself in regards to shooting technique and fundamentals you would probably be better served setting up a video recorder that captures your head position and trigger control than through scope pictures.
Looking at video through scope is not going tell be able to tell you if you have habit of dipping chin as you break trigger, etc etc.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: vigildom7
Hi,

Just FWIW..if you are wanting to critique yourself in regards to shooting technique and fundamentals you would probably be better served setting up a video recorder that captures your head position and trigger control than through scope pictures.
Looking at video through scope is not going tell be able to tell you if you have habit of dipping chin as you break trigger, etc etc.

Sincerely,
Theis
I agree and plan on having a friend video tape me at stages for critiquing fundamentals. I want scope footage to critique wind calls and follow up shots ets.

Do you mean the bolt throw? As looking from the rear of the scope the mounting bars are at the lower left and upper right of the scope tube. It’s not really a problem.

Mike
Scope magnifying throw lever.

Not as much as you think.
How often do you really need the to bottom out the mag.
Even with that issue it is a superior product. I have 2 others that attach differently and those have been relegated to my sons pellet rifle...not even my 22lr
They have a gen 2 that ratchets around the scope tube, minimalistic in footprint. And it weighs 5 oz less.