• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope Cant Rant, Hey I can rhyme, Dr. Dre better sign me before he fines me...

source.gif

What in the fuck is going on in this thread?

When you say the Rev counter doesn't work... Have you zeroed the elevation to allow enough travel up to actually use the Rev counter? The last mk5 I got was set dead center of the elevation travel. Once I zeroed it on the low end of the elevation travel range, it works as advertised. Not saying it's user error at this point, but it's a possibility.

The springs inside are misaligned. It feels like it has pressure and binding when going up, then won’t release when going back down. It’s in the mail.

Just got a Kahles K318i a few days ago and mounted it in a Spuhr 6 Mil mount, with no issues at all.
Did a tall target test on it today, and it passed just flawless.
I know it hurts, when i say it, but stick to the european scopes and you may spare yourself for for a lot of disappointment, not that they all are free from faults, but the QC seems to be a little tighter, especially by "the three big"

This thread has taken an orthogonal turn.

Leopold, not so good.

Several mounting and leveling options.

Plane Geometry on a sphere and Gravity on a sphere make strange bed fellows.

Reactions: hk dave
Just got a Kahles K318i a few days ago and mounted it in a Spuhr 6 Mil mount, with no issues at all.
Did a tall target test on it today, and it passed just flawless.
I know it hurts, when i say it, but stick to the european scopes and you may spare yourself for for a lot of disappointment, not that they all are free from faults, but the QC seems to be a little tighter, especially by "the three big"

I've made that decision long ago, unfortunately it was for a customer who I tried to sway towards NF or Kahles. Oh well...

I've only had one good experience with leupold in their spotting scopes, and one Mark 4 that I still have to this day that sits on a .22........

I level the reticle with a plumb bob and check that it tracks the sting in a vise.

As long as the turrets track straight along the reticle I don't give a shit if anything else is leveled to anything. Level rifle, level reticle, done.

The turret bodies can be slightly off level so long as they track straight in the tube.

For what it's worth my TMR is perfect in my Mark 5. Almost makes me wonder if they just don't have a jig setup correctly for the tremor alignment.

UPDATE:

So They fixed it. They said that nothing was wrong, and that it met their "standards" here is the thing.

If a customer is paying 2k for a optic, You would think that they get 2k worth of optic, and QC.

Got another Mark 5 in, TREMOR 3, and guess what.....

Now the turret is messed up. The rev counter doesn't work. We are done with Leupold. We've been pushing TT, Kahles, and even Vortex HD line. If a Leupold Rep is on this forum they really need to have a sit down meeting and figure this crap out.

So far thats 4 out of 5 scopes in the Mark 5 HD Tremor 3 that have been broken out of the box.

That sounds really familiar....