• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope cant to the left

seanhagerty

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2010
Near Fort Leonard Wood
I am a right handed right eye shooter.

When I mounted my scope, I used a level to ensure it was square to my rifle action using the wheeler bubble levels. I then put a leveling bubble on the scope, so I wouldnt cant when I was setting up to shoot. I used a plumb to set that level, so I am fairly certain it is true.

Now when I am in shooting position, I can see the buble with my weak eye, I just take a quick peak to make sure its level, then close weak eye and am back on target. The trouble is my reticle always appears to be canted to the left!! I have noticed this on two different scopes. Is this an optical illusion, or did I set my stuff up wrong?

Re: Scope cant to the left

I would check your level again I have a wheeler and the bubbles are not true. Check lowlights post on setting up a scope.

Have you put a level on your target, target frame, etc., to see if it's the part that's off? Squaring up with the vertical edge of a building would be another check against both the scope and the bubble level.

If all else fails, it is possible the reticles are not straight. That happens in scopes sometimes. They may be slightly canted and still even be in spec based on the manufactures tolerances.

Thanks guys. I checked my vertical reticle with a plumb, so I am satisfied that is good. I will check my target frames horizontal with a level and see how it goes.