• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes scope cant with badger riser 22 MOA?

plamia2

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2011
Russia
Hide, hello!

Need advice on scope mounting on a bolt action rifles.

I have ATACR 7-35 in the nightforce rings and 20 MOA scope base.
I need some more cant on my scope.
A good option for me is the nightforce magmount/unimount with 20 MOA cant.
While looking, I saw a badger riser 22 MOA cant:
https://www.badgerordnance.com/riser-rail-22-moa.html

It is much cheaper and I will not need to change my rings.

But I didn’t see someone adding a cant with a riser in bolt action rifles (not AR).

If I go with this badger, will it be wrong or lose accuracy?

with thanks for the advice!

I’ve never used a riser on a bolt action but I have on a couple AR’s in the past. My only issue is that you have another piece that can work it’s way loose or cause accuracy issues. My buddy had three of them work there way loose during a carbine class recently.

If you look around in the PX you can find a Unimount for a good price that isn’t much more than the Badger rail. Since you have an ATACR, I wouldn’t think that the few extra dollars would matter much in the grand scheme of things and you will have one less thing to worry about for your rig.

I use a DIP riser on my Anschutz.

As @TMR137 said, the concern is that it will work itself loose when you need it the most. However, I have been to a few matches with my Annie and it has never come loose or given me a reason to question it. I torqued to the manufacturer's specifications and used some Loctite prior to torquing them to the value.

What action do you have?
May be able to just replace the rail.

R

ORSIS T5000.

You are right, the first thing I thought was to replace the base for 40 MOA.
But not ready for sale. Only backorder, and it will be much more expensive for money and more to wait than a badger riser and also at a price like NF mount 20 moa.

///Since you have an ATACR, I wouldn’t think that the few extra dollars would matter much in the grand scheme of things and you will have one less thing to worry about for your rig.

Thank.
Yes, "few extra dollars" will not ruin me)))
But they are never superfluous.

I also had doubts about the hardness of the assembly with a badger, which is why I decided to discuss it here.