• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope caps for Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22x50

ormandj

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2009
TX
I finally gave up on finding the perfect scope, and settled on a Vortex for my lightweight field gun until someone comes out with something better. Now I need to get caps and rings for it. Typically I’ve purchased Aadland caps, but they are fairly bulky and noisy if you aren’t careful opening them. What suggestions do people have for this scope? Also, since I need to buy rings, if you have the ability, I’d love a thickness measurement (that which is added) at the objective lens for the caps. I went to Tenebraex’s website, but they don’t have this scope listed yet, and I can’t find any information about the added thickness, either. The rifle has a 20MOA rail (AntiX) so I think I’m going to either be running 32mm or 36mm M10 rings. Waiting on my barrel to come in so I can assemble things and see how much taper there is where the objective lens is, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to go much lower. I really appreciate any info!

I like Seekins Precision rings for my rifles. And I would contact Vortex as to what size caps fit that scope. Or, get out the calipers and measure. But Vortex should be able to tell you the mm's on each end. I haven't looked, but it might even be on their website.

I stick to ARC M10 rings, but appreciate the tip!

I’ve got the dimensions of the scope, I’m more interested in the dimensions of the caps (thickness added). Thank you, I’ll call Vortex and see if they have cap suggestions.

Curious what you leaned here? I’m wondering the same thing as you re: caps

After a ton of research and a lot of reading/interactions on other forums, I bought the Vortex cover (not caps) for the scope, and I’m very happy with it. Comes off quietly and quickly, and protects the scope when I’m out and about. I’ll have to use it a while before I go replacing all my scope caps, but so far, so good.

I just went through this and went with APA's scope rings as they are a little lighter than the ARC rings (my goto for everything else) as I am trying to save weight anywhere I can. I ordered the MK Machining scope caps because I couldn't find caps anywhere else. I haven't received the caps yet so cant comment on their quality.

MKM, i think they are still made to order but i wont own any other cap.

I have a set and will for sure hit them up again in the future