• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope choice for 700 PCR .260.

KiloGolf

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
Alberta, Canada
Hey everyone, kinda have a dilemma on my hands. I ordered a new Remington 700 PCR in .260. My use for this gun will be shooting a local match, long range shooting around 1000m to 1200m and closer.

So what I can’t decide is what optic to put on. I have a Leupold Mark 6 3-18 ffp mil with the H58 reticle. I’m leaning towards this because the reticle design would be good for competitions, and it’s a nice size with good variable range. Second scope I just bought is a Night Force SHV 4-14 F1 illuminated mil. This is another great scope even though I just unboxed it tonight. But unsure if it should go on the new rifle, new scope and rifle combo kinda idea.

My Mark 6 is already set up on my .243 for steel and varmint hunting. But I feel like it would be better suited on the .260, and I think the SHV would be better on my .243 for varmints and long range shots of 600m and in that I shoot with that rifle.

Am I thinking right? What would you guys do? My local match is only 800m, my local spot I shoot on crown land is 900m. Thanks for your time, and input.

I just got the Redfield Revenge 4-12x42 with the Varmint ranging reticle.

Love this thing!!!
Mounted it to the Stevens 7mm-08.

Reactions: KiloGolf
Sounds like a nice set set up. What platform is the 7mm-08? It’s a good calibre, I have two currently.
Yes its a great caliber and i recommend it for hunting Varmints. Since you got two of em. you should gibe it a try.