• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope choice help

AVENGEUSA

Unapologetic American
Minuteman
Here goes...

I've used many Leuopold MK 4 variable scopes for years, I like the 8.5-25x50 M1 LR

I know they are not the top now, but I'm used to then and have never had any issues at all

The MK 4 can't be had now commercially, so i am looking for a replacement

Leupold told me that the VX3I LR is the same, other than turrets, & the gold ring, but has much better glass

Same tube, same guts, the tech guy was very specific about this.

What is our there now that is comparable, or better than the MK 4 8.5-25X50LR in the same price range

I only shoot out to 1000, no further ranges are close to me

I get the VX3I LR for about 750 with the tmr reticle

Thanks in advance

No experience with the the Leupold, but I really like the Burris XTR II 4-20 and shoot at the same distances. The reticles might be a little thick for precision/bench shooting at long distance, but it would be perfect for PRS, tactical and practical shooting. I liked the first one I had so much, I bought two more. I have found used ones or LNIB on the Hide for about $800 for all three of the purchases.

Good luck!

If you want to stay along the same line with leupold, take a look at the VX3i LRP. Its a no frills scope for shooting long range. Large easy to read elevation knob, throw lever. You can use the windage exposed or capped. Sure there are other scopes out there, but I went with this one for my hunter/shooter because its light. I have the 4.5-14 FFP Mil/Mil TMR and Im pretty happy with it.

https://www.leupold.com/product-seri...rp-riflescopes

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/078tUlgNVhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I believe you can get better optics for the price for what Leupold has to offer. In this range I'd seriously look at the Vortex PST II 5-25x50, it is very impressive for the price...