• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope Choices

Stinger78

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2012
Wondering what everyones opinions are given the following choices..Been looking around and any of these would work just fine for my purposes I'm not that picky, I just need a simple reticle. Don't need a tree but the Gen 2XR would be fine. I would like a 20x at a minimum. Mostly just trying to get the best bang for the buck. Haven't narrowed it down yet but the final candidate will be from one of these three brands most likely. looking at the following for a .308 all purpose build. Gonna be a high end rifle wanting a Tier 1 optic

New ZCO 5x27-$3900ish
S&B 5-25 PMII Demo/Used/Open Box-$2900-$3100ish Old style turrets
TT 5-25 Demo/Open box $4000-$4500ish-New $5K for a Gen 2XR
New S&B 3-21 Exos $4500ish

These are list prices-I'm sure any can be gotten a little cheaper with a phone call

I have owned ZCO 420, 427 and a TT gen3XR. If I had to do it again I would get the ZCO 527 and save a few bucks over the TT, I feel like the performance and quality is comparable. No experience with SB scopes but the new DT2+ turrets look very interesting.

Reactions: simonp
Bang for the buck winner is a G3 6-36 for $2400. If your going further up the performance/quality ladder I don't think you can beat a used ZCO 5-27 (probably going to run you 3200 or so). Current S&B prices are too high for what you are getting and I have never owned a TT but I'm not sure that a used TT is going to be worth the at least $1000 premium over the ZCO.