• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope cleaning

tanda10506

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Phelan, CA
Went out shooting and the wind picked up. I want to clean it but I don't want to mess anything up. It's a Millet LRS and it didn't come with directions lol. Let me know how you guys clean yours, thanks.

Re: Scope cleaning

A couple years ago I got some deer blood on my, to me, expencive scope. I went to the camera shop and asked what he uses to clean expencive glass. He sold me a very small bottle of something and a very small microfiber cloth for $5 each.

I held the scope verticle so I had to spray <span style="font-weight: bold">UP</span> to get the fluid on the lens. Only then did I wipe of the offending substance.

I went on line and purchased a much larger sheet of microfiber for $5. There is enough to make about ten sheets for cleaning. Saving money is a big deal for me.

I brush off the dust, use my breath to fog up the lens, and clean it off with a microfiber lens cloth. Just like my camera gear.

There are hundreds of products out there that will get the job done.

Steal some cotton balls from your wife and a little alcohol and lightly clean the lens from center to outside. Works for me and if you have some caned air it works great for just dust.