• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope close to rail

Woolsocks

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2023
Washington
My new scope is quite close to the rail in front and back. Is this an issue as long as it’s not touching? I’m assuming the only place you really need some clearance is at the bell, cause’ of barrel whip.

Attachments

• IMG_1219.jpeg
    IMG_1219.jpeg
    405 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1220.jpeg
    IMG_1220.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 50
My new scope is quite close to the rail in front and back. Is this an issue as long as it’s not touching? I’m assuming the only place you really need some clearance is at the bell, cause’ of barrel whip.
Thanks!

Also:

Frank talks about having the scope caps touching a handguard (or even too close) has bent scopes under recoil.

I have had that issue in the past and filed a 45° on the rail to add a better margin for error. Some black paint to finish the 45° .

Dude, if you can fit a folded piece of printer paper (or a single playing card or index card) between it, you're good to go.