• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Scope Eye Relief Question Vortex FFP 6-24X50

Deltahedge365

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2011
Fulshear, TX
Hello folks, for those of you who have used a vortex viper PST FFP 6-24X50, did you notice a very finicky eye relief while at max zoom? I'll be the first to admit that I don't have hundreds of hours behind the scope, but I have a very hard time finding the proper eye relief. It seems if I move my head 0.01", I am out of the sweet-spot. I haven't had this problem with scopes I've used in the past, but the max zoom I have looked through previously was about 12X.

I mounted the scope myself, should I try mounting it again?

Re: Scope Eye Relief Question Vortex FFP 6-24X50

Just as a test try moving the scope back towards (the buttstock)just a little at a time as a test and see if eye relief gets better? Some times we can set the scope to far forward and cause a finicky eye relief.
I have a PST 6-24x50 and don't seem to have the usual problems related to bad eye relief? FWIW?

purchased one for my 308 last fall. during a comp i'll zoom out to spot for my partner and haven't noticed much differnce between low and high power. you may have the scope set to far forward like uncledog suggested. Leupold scopes have a lot more problems when it comes to eye relief. I had a 4-20 long range leupold and it had horrible eye relief

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will try moving the scope back to see if it gets better.