• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for 10/22

Re: Scope for 10/22

Well, I have a tasco target-varmint on my plinker. It's okay. A friend has a BSA sweet 22 and I like it a little more. I think he got his 6-18 sweet 22 off ebay for 70$. It has parallax adjustment and a nifty BDC dial.

At the end of the day all the Chinese 100$ scopes are about the same.

Check out the Mueller or Weaver/KASPA line. Have a Mueller sitting on my 10/22 and it's great. Both come with a lifetime warranty. First rifle, brother....kick in a few more dollars and get something nice.

I know Cameraland had the Vortex Viper and Crossfire scopes on clearence.

I helped a buddy pick up a Vortex Crossfire 4-12 for like $70 shipped I think it was, and that is a fine scope......

I've got the mueller 8-32 on my 10/22. It's a little more than your budget, but it sure helps to see those tiny holes at 100 yds.

one thing you will want is AO that adjusts down to the distance you are shooting

I bought a Nikon Prostaff on sale for right around 100 bucks, 3-9x

For your needs I'd recommend you check it out. Definitely opt to spend a little more so long as you don't get a BSA, I've had nothing but problems with mine.

I really love my weaver rv9 and happen to be selling one.. Cough.. Cough..

No but on a serious note I really do like the rv9

I have a Leapers AO mildot on one of my 10/22's...Very low price and excellent glass for the 22.

If it's going on a 10/22 I put a redhead scope from bass pro shot on mine. Optics are surprisingly good for the money. Mine has enough internal adjustment to get me to 200 yds. for $99.

My brother has has a centerpoint and really likes it . He paid like $79.00 at Walmart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2ac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mueller APV </div></div>

A lot of folks over on rimfirecentral.com are using these and everything I have read about them is pretty positive.

Thanks everyone, we ended up ordering a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32 and some rings for $100 via optics planet.
smile.gif

Nikon prostaff rimfire with the bdc 150 will get you to 150 yards very easily!

In the early 1990s I got a 10/22 with broken rear sight, stripped scope screw holes, and grungy stock, at a pawn shop for $35 [sticker price $70].

I put a $35 Simmons 22 mag 4X scope on it for another $35
http://swfa.com/Simmons-4x32-22-Mag-Rifle-Scope-P3432.aspx

I loved that gun.
It was a killing machine for ground squirrels and rock chucks.
I put a stainless Green Mountain fluted barrel on it, and it kept the precision when the barrel was hot.

Then I lost the rifle ~ late April 2007:(

So the next month I bought a couple new 10/22s and put Leupold VXII 2x7 scopes on them. One got a Shilen Stainless barrel and one got a Lothar Walther pre stressed barrel.

Those new 10/22s have never killed anything.

I miss my my old beat up 10/22 with the cheap scope.