• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for 1500m rifle?

rifleman0321

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2004
midwest/USA
I am looking to put together a rig to shoot 1000-1500m, and would like to get some input on a scope setup for it. I am interested in a mil-dot reticle, preferably with illumination, target turrets(obviously), and the best glass I can get- all for $2,000 or less. This price needs to include rings and any accesories, as well. Thanks in advance for any input you may contribute.

Re: Scope for 1500m rifle?

Night Force NXS 12-42 or 8-32 pic your ret
You will have enough $ left to just about get any base and rings you desire.

Nightforce is the best bang for the buck. I have a 5.5-22x50 with MLR reticle on my GAP 7mm WSM. Only thing is the knobs don't match but that doesn't bother me.

Nightforce 5.5-22x56 with knobs and reticle of your choice. It has more elevation than the higher powered models and plenty of power to see targets at your specified ranges. You'll need internal elevation more than magnification. So you know I used this model to shoot to 2000 yards on an MOA sized target with a Chey Tac and actually had it on 18x and had no problems seeing the target or hitting it
wink.gif

you might want a 40moa base, i ran out of elevation with my nxs shooting to 1800yds with a 7wsm

Listen to Rob!

I like my NF 5.5-22x56.I've used it to shoot out to 2500Y with the 375CT and still had a couple turns left with the 40MIN base.

Steve

Thanks guys. Sounds like the NF is the deal. Have to get somewhere to take a first-hand look at one.

If you know who to call you can get a Vortex Razor for just about $2k

go with 5.5-22x50 though if you mil knobs especially if you don't want to spend the extra on zero stop. It seems the 50 is the only one you can get it with mil knobs without zero stop.

a post like this gives me heartburn.....

while it is a given that one needs the clarity to see the target out there at 1000 or 1500 or ,,,,,hell your almost there say ONE MILE!!!....a base more than 20 moa will not allow for a 100yd zero for most glass selections.

and a 20 moa base will run out of up (in most scopes) at 1700yd......so what next????

FFP glass w/christmas tree reticule makes you power down to get at the bottom of the tree.....and 2ndFP glass spun up will then only get you to start holding over.

what to do when being a thrifty buyer and still hit the target ?????