• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes scope for 22....to USO or not?

dbateman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2010
Mt Isa QLD, Australia
o.k I did a search and didn't find what Im looking for

so I'm having a rifle (22LR) built on a CZ 452 action
in a Mcmillan's A5 stock and a22" Lija heavy barrel
I need some advise on what scope to put on her ?
I was thinking of getting a USO 3.2-17x but the parallax setting is 50 yds to infinerty
could i just wind the setting to infinerty ??

is there a better option ??

I don't rely understand parlex adjustment can anyone point me in the right direction of some good info?
thanks guy's
. Dave

Re: scope for 22

Do you have a USO yet to compare this to? I don't own one, so I'm just making a suggestion, but if I turn the power back on my NF's I can adjust the parallax on the 3.5-15 so it just barely comes into focus at around 30 feet. If you can deal with the lower magnification at 25yd (and really, I don't see why not but each person has their reasons) then I think you could go forward with that.

I never owned a USO scope. But I thought they were a one at a time-kind of like a custom build. Why don't you call USO and ask them if they can buid one the way you like it. It might cost a little more, but obviously you have the money or you would not be asking about it. Tom.

I did email USO and they said

"The 3.2-17x can normally focus down to 50 yards. We can make it focus
closer but you will not be able to adjust the parallax out to infinity. If
this is not an issue then yes, the 3.2-17x would work fine. "

was hopping that some of the guy's on here might of used USo for a similar application or might be able to help me make a decision
I don't want to pay $$$$ and not be able to use scope on another rig if I wont/need to

any suggestions??

Thanks . Dave

If you want the ability to swap the scope to something else at a later date then I would advise against having the lenses custom setup for a different, non-infinite, parallax capability.

I tried this last night to verify, my 3.5-15x50 NXS will focus at 23 feet when I turn the power down to 3.5x

Do you need max power at those shorter ranges?

no i do not need the max power at the short range
proberly use it on 4x or 6x most of the time I was looking at there 1.8-10 as well
it is an option as well

I was thinking that I might do some fly shoots and the like with it .

like you say bohem i don't want to limit my options with this scope if for what ever reason i want to take it and put it on some thing else
. Dave

I personally wouldn't go with a custom USO as others have mentioned. It's an awesome scope, but you would be greatly limiting the resale (both in price and in terms of even finding a buyer) with a modified lense setup. Not many people are buying a $2000+ scope for their 22LR (not that there is anything wrong with that - I certainly would if I could justify it). There are plenty of other nice scopes out there for a 22LR that are a lot less expensive than a USO and will focus down to what you need. Or... you could simply not shoot your 22 inside 50 yards...
smile.gif

The USO would be a great way to go if that. I tend to see more guys like for a lower cost alliterative but yes a USO would be a very good way to go.

The Leupold MK4 16x will focus extremely close and there are other scopes that will also.

If we can be of help in getting a USO or any other scope feel free to ask.

Mike @ CST

dose any one have a 3.2-17x and no just how close they can focus in on a target
i.e would this scope be suitable for 25yd targets?
.Dave

I know that mine would not do it that close. But I believe that USO can make one that will focus at shorter ranges.

My ST-10 has no problem at 25 yards with fixed parallax.

We can make it focus at 25 yards, no problem. If we leave the stop out of the ERGO objective you can focus as close as 25 all the way out to infinity.

I run a SN-4 on my little Zimmerman Arms .22 and love it.
John III

ok JBW#3 that is what I wanted to hear
smile.gif

I will be in touch you/USO soon

Wuzup101 I wont tell any one how much the scope on my 22 cost if you don't
wink.gif

asking me how much iv spent on gun's and related equipment is like asking your
G.F how much her shoes cost you never get the truth/and I don't want to no ether

Re: scope for 22....to USO or not?

wow, I wish I had the money to think about putting a USO on my 22, let alone anything else!

Geez I think I'm simply depressed after reading and viewing all the freakin sweet rigs on here. Sorry rant over

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did email USO and they said

"The 3.2-17x can normally focus down to 50 yards. We can make it focus
closer but you will not be able to adjust the parallax out to infinity. If
this is not an issue then yes, the 3.2-17x would work fine. "

was hopping that some of the guy's on here might of used USo for a similar application or might be able to help me make a decision
I don't want to pay $$$$ and not be able to use scope on another rig if I wont/need to

any suggestions??

Thanks . Dave

</div></div>
An insane one. S & B PMII 5-25X. Focuses down to 10 Meters (33 feet) at full (25X) power.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Custom MOA 10/22 w/S & B PMII 5-25X Gen 2 XR CCW w/Seekins High rings on top of shortened EGW Extended 20 MOA Rail:</span>
MOA1022SBOverkill8x6.jpg

MOA1022SBOverkillRS8x6.jpg

MOA1022SBOverkillLS8x6.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">MOA Corporation 17-4 SS Receiver w/ Front & Rear lugs, threaded 3/4-16
Kidd SS 19.25" barrel threaded into receiver (3/4-16) - no shitty V-Block!
Volquartsen SS CNC Bolt and CS Spring w/Power Custom SS Guide Rod
Kidd Two-Stage Trigger in Silver - set to 1 lb. 1st Stage / 8oz. 2nd Stage
Kidd SS Receiver Pin Kit and Kidd Recoil Buffer
McMillan Sporter Stock, Molded-in 75% Black/25% Dark Grey, inletted to accept Rear Lug and Rear Hold down screw to allow free-floating barrel. BC opened to 1" to free-float barrel
Harris BRM-S w/KMW PodLoc</span>

Keith

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow, I wish I had the money to think about putting a USO on my 22, let alone anything else!

Geez I think I'm simply depressed after reading and viewing all the freakin sweet rigs on here. Sorry rant over </div></div>

Don't feel bad TacticalJ, I'm in the same boat. Ihave a Viper PST on the way for my .308, and was thinking about ordering a Vortex Crossfire for my .22. Then I saw this thread.LOL

Semour Gunz that is very tidy 10/22 you got there.......
cool.gif

Keith how far out can you reach with that scope and 20moa rail?

I am thinking of getting a 20moa base as well is it worth the extra $$
in your opinion
.Dave

got my 3.2-17 tpal out and it only went to about 37 yds it is marked to stop at 50 but I could detect no paralax down to 37

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Semour Gunz that is very tidy 10/22 you got there.......
cool.gif

in your opinion
.Dave
</div></div>

You didn't ask me but, I just mounted my NightForce 2.5-10x32 on my TacSol barrel that is probably about 10". Using holdovers I was able to get close to my 540 yard gong, but didn't screw around with it much beyond 10 rounds.

Fairly consistent at 300.

-dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Semour Gunz that is very tidy 10/22 you got there.......
cool.gif

in your opinion
.Dave
</div></div>
Hey Dave -

I've been out to 400 yards dialing dialing 20.5 MILs', and still had 6.5 MILs' left to dial. I stopped at 400 because the WOLF MT I had been shooting that day just didn't have the velocity out of my 10/22 to group and hit reliably.

Sorry for replying so late (nearly six months so), especially since you just ordered a USO. I only saw your question because you bumped the thread with your post:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SN3 3.2-17 iluminated gap retical mill/mill on order
cool.gif

Now I just need to wait </div></div>

Since you've ordered a USO it seems my answer was moot, but better late than never, eh?

Keith

why the 3.2 - 17 i just got mine and love it but not for my rimfires you might want to check into the 1.8-10 sn-3 im thinking of going that way for my hmr

hay hk I want it to be just like its big brother .. and I can always put it on something else if I want

you are right it is a lot of glass for a 22lr

i see your point (just nothing up close) lol good luck! and congrats on your buying power!

by the way mine is mil mil green iluminated mpr retical and is AWSOME!