• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

drew hopkinth

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2020
Hi all,

I just sold the Vortex Razor 4.5-27 that lived on my AIAT and am looking to upgrade optics.
I’m mainly debating between the following 4 options:

NF ATACR 4-20
NF ATACR 5-25
ZCO 4-20
ZCO 5-27

The max range I’d use this at is 1200-1300m for target shooting, but typically sub-700m. I’ll also do some hunting with it and want to compete in PRS and NRL matches, but those aren’t as high of priorities. I really like the decreased weight of the ZC420 but not sure if the weight savings are worth giving up 7x extra magnification for the ranges I’m looking at shooting to. I also do intend on getting either a CNVD or clip on thermal unit in the near future, if that makes a difference.

Dropped a pic of the rifle as it was set up for some eye candy below.
Appreciate all the help!
EE2C60C4-C1BB-4C6B-86F6-8E1E063F8E71.jpeg

That’s extremely easy, ZCO 527, you’ll want the magnification at 1000+. Looking at that rifle, the weight doesn’t matter. Best advice I can give is don’t try to create a Swiss Army Rifle, it’ll do everything mediocre and nothing good.

That build looks like a good base for a PRS setup or long range hunting (read: transported in a UTV or otherwise) rifle, but will be awful for field carry. Saving a few ounces in the scope on that rifle and missing the magnification wouldn’t be worth it for most of your intended use.

The NF scopes aren’t in the same optical league so no real reason to consider them if you’re OK with the price of the ZCO.

Zco 420 based on your current list as it has a decently thick enough main cross hair to be used at 8x with a clipon.

I would add SB ultra shorts either 320 or 520 as well. I have a zco 527 and the glass is def better than NF or SB.
20210814_203616.jpg

ZCO 5-27 if mainly shooting day time at 800-1000+

ZCO 4-20 if doing mainly less than 700 yards and for using clip ons and hunting.

I use to run a Nightforce 4-16 then a Kahles k318i they are nice but ZCO is nicer

C75CBA8E-B8A8-45BB-862D-ACE48DD399A1.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi all,

I just sold the Vortex Razor 4.5-27 that lived on my AIAT and am looking to upgrade optics.
I’m mainly debating between the following 4 options:

NF ATACR 4-20
NF ATACR 5-25
ZCO 4-20
ZCO 5-27

The max range I’d use this at is 1200-1300m for target shooting, but typically sub-700m. I’ll also do some hunting with it and want to compete in PRS and NRL matches, but those aren’t as high of priorities. I really like the decreased weight of the ZC420 but not sure if the weight savings are worth giving up 7x extra magnification for the ranges I’m looking at shooting to. I also do intend on getting either a CNVD or clip on thermal unit in the near future, if that makes a difference.

Dropped a pic of the rifle as it was set up for some eye candy below.
Appreciate all the help!
View attachment 7697461

Feel free to give us a call at 916-670-1103 and we can help go over the options with you :)