• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for 308

jtac

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2009
Natchitoches, La
Got a DPMS 18" bull 308, wondering what the best scope would be for a lower price since my funds are low being a student. New to the site but would appreciate and help..Thanks

Re: Scope for 308

I'm sure people are gonna want to know what your intended use / application of this rifle will be. More info will get you better sugestions.

Welcome to the hide! I'd say drop out of school and buy a schmidt and bender! but thats just me....;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome to the hide! I'd say drop out of school and buy a schmidt and bender! but thats just me....;-)</div></div>

At least Im not the only one.

But with out any price range nor what you intend to you it for, we can not give the best options for you.

Predator, target shooting, 400 or 500 yards max! I have a bushnell dusk/dawn 6-24 with target turrets on another rifle but looking to buy another good optic my budget is 300$ should I stick with the bushnell or what? Thanks, I would quit school but then my guns would get wet from being homeless

Vortex Viper 3-9x40 Around $330, but they have the $50 rebate right now.

You can get a Weaver T36 for $350 or equivalent Sightron. Very good scope with decent optics and reliable adjustments.

For $300...I'd wait on optics until you have your next student loan check in hand and you can spend more.

If you absolutely have to get something now for that price range, the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x for around $220 or 4-12x if you can squeeze a few more dollars to spend. The SS 10x is also a good option on your limited budget.

You can get a Super Sniper and sell it for almost what you paided for it after you get something better.

-dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get a Super Sniper and sell it for almost what you paided for it after you get something better.

-dan </div></div>

+1 on the Super Sniper 10x.

Great glass, I use one on my HB AR for targets and coyotes. They sell here used in good shape for nearly the original price and rarely last more than a couple hours so when you get ready you can upgrade easily but I'm betting you'll hang on to the SS. I did.

+ 1 on the Leupold Mark 2! They make a great product at a affordable price.

Welcome!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csGunWorks.com</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leupold Mark 2 or Bushnell 10x TacTical for the best low price scope.

Mike </div></div>

I'd too recommend the Super Sniper OR for a variable try the Bushnell 3200 Elite tactical in 5-15.It's pretty nice glass, solid and will last you.

ORD said:
For $300...I'd wait on optics until you have your next student loan check in hand and you can spend more.

I might have to wait on student loans once again, but I been looking at SWFA website and was researching the Sightmark 8.25-25x50 or the 10-40x56 are either of these good scopes and if so which should I look into? I know their cheaper scopes but as of now I'm running a Leupold Mark IV 3.5-10 copy (yes it's a copy) I found a few years back and it is a good scope just not enough magnification

Good student-priced scope. Check out the Burris Fulfields: great for the money. Weaver makes some good ones too.

I'm in the same boat as you jtac and the best thing I have been able to find in that price range is a Bushnell 3200 elite
5-15x40. It's not as bright as some of the more expensive glass but I think it's a pretty good "bang for your buck" scope.

Thanks for the info BoomStix, I'm looking around and not going to buy one for a few weeks since the Leupold (copy) I have works good, I just want more magnification than 10x, hows the 15x look at 200 to 400 yards?

um dont get me wrong as sometimes I wish for more mag then my 10x ss , but seriously I can kill pop bottles with it at 530 yds.... I think for the money considering the budget a 10x ss would do u nicely

See I have a Bushnell Dusk & Dawn 6-24 and used to have it on a 300 win mag i had and I could see great with it at 500 yards to shoot but I don't like the parallex setup on it or I would use it. I like the bushnell line so I'm leaning towards it but idk alot of research to be done when i get time but I want good quality, but I know that is stretched with my small budget.

Another line I have been trying to find out about is the Millett Tactical scopes. From the research I have done it seems as though they are built with a lot of the same components as the Bushnells but I have yet to see one in person. One thing I liked about them that Bushnell didn't provide is the green adjustable illuminated mil dot reticle with the .1 mil turrets rather than the MOA turrets. They have a 4-16x50 for $300 or a 6-25x56 for $460 at swfa.com. Oh and the Bushnell at 200 to 400 yds was surprising clear (to me anyways) with it having the adjustable obj lens.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Until you Apologize to Noone, I don't want to help. </div></div>
Whats the supposed to mean? lol