• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for a 300prc

Jcaplinger199

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2019
Arlington, TX
Building a 300 prc for distance shooting to one mile (yes I know short actions cartridge can achieve this and I’ve done it with my 6.5cm but I want a 300prc) as far as scope go the three I was looking at are the new Zeiss S3 6-36, razor gen 3 6-36 or the leupold mk5 7-35. The S3 looks really feature rich for the price and Retail they can be had for about $2300. Leupold is a little cheaper but without illumination. The razor gen3 is a little more of the used market. Anyone done any comparisons?

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments
I have bought several scopes and a range finder from cameralandny. Y’all have always provided the best service. Thanks!

There's lots of good scopes out there. If your willing to spend 2k I would look at NF ATACR, leupold mark5hd, maybe the zeiss v6, maven rs3, March.
I have 4 of leupold mark5's in the safe and love them. My good buddy has a a couple ATACR's and are awesome as well. Also depends on weight, ffp vs sfp, reticle etc.

Are you a reloader? If not I would go 300wm and shoot factory Berger 215's. If you are I would still maybe go 300wm and if not 300rum. Not completely sold on the 300prc... And 30 noslers are barrel burners
Berger discounted the 300 win ammo with the 215 and 230 in 2020. It shot amazing and think it was a huge mistake for them to get rid of it.

Do some research on the G3 razor. There’s an entire thread dedicated to it I believe. Seems decent amount of issues or rather complaints on the scope. Some even going back to the G2 which is well within your price range and can be found used in the px if you want to save some $$. Seemed many people who had them on order were listing them in the px rather quickly

Another good recommendation for CameralandNY. Bought several optics from them

Don’t rule out Burris XTRIII or PRO either

Personally mine wears a 7-35 ATACR but I don’t know what your price range goes up to

Last edited:
Reactions: Jcaplinger199
Do some research on the G3 razor. There’s an entire thread dedicated to it I believe. Seems decent amount of issues or rather complaints on the scope. Some even going back to the G2 which is well within your price range and can be found used in the px if you want to save some $$. Seemed many people who had them on order were listing them in the px rather quickly

Another good recommendation for CameralandNY. Bought several optics from them

Don’t rule out Burris XTRIII or PRO either

Personally mine wears a 7-35 ATACR but I don’t know what your price range goes up to
Narrowed it down to Zeiss lrp S3 6-36, Leupold mk5 7-35 (I have a 3-18), or the XTR pro (I have an xtr iii 3-18). gen 2 razor would be a consideration as weight isn’t issue with this build

Narrowed it down to Zeiss lrp S3 6-36, Leupold mk5 7-35 (I have a 3-18), or the XTR pro (I have an xtr iii 3-18). gen 2 razor would be a consideration as weight isn’t issue with this build

Which one did you decide on?

I had a 7-35 mk5 and actually liked the regular XTR3i more, other than a bit more chromatic aberration. I’d assume the XTR pro would be even better.

I’m currently debating between the zeiss s3 and XTR pro as an upgrade from the XTR3i.

Reactions: Jcaplinger199
I got a S3 6-36 from sport optics - I got a deal from them I couldn’t pass on. I really like the fit and finish. The glass is pretty close to my ZCO. I haven’t shot it yet bc UPS lost my barrel. Working with the barrel maker to get another one.

I got a S3 6-36 from sport optics - I got a deal from them I couldn’t pass on. I really like the fit and finish. The glass is pretty close to my ZCO. I haven’t shot it yet bc UPS lost my barrel. Working with the barrel maker to get another one.
Ooof. A lost barrel in these times? Hope they get one to you quick.