• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for a Barrett 82A1

eXiled

Private
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2019
New to this whole thing. Recently purchased a brand new 82A1 and I need a reasonable scope. My budget is $1000-$2000 top.

I was thinking Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP MRAD EBR-2C. Any other suggestions where I can maximize my $$ and get the best for the $$?

Also any coupons, specials I should be looking for?

Many thanks

Leupold® Mark 4® LR/T® M1 3.5-10x40mm
Leupold Mark 4 LR/T M1 4.5-14x40mm & 50mm
Leupold Mark 4 LR/T M1 6.5-20x50mm
Leupold Mark 4 LR/T M1 8.5-25x50mm
Leupold Mark 4 ER/T M1 4.5-14x50mm
Leupold Mark 4 ER/T M1 6.5-20x50mm
Leupold Mark 4 ER/T M1 8.5-25x50mm
Nightforce™ NXS 3.5-15x50mm & 56mm*
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50mm & 56mm*
Nightforce NXS 8-32x50mm & 56mm*
Schmidt & Bender 3–12x50mm Police Marksman II LP**
Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56mm Police Marksman II LP**

*Not compatible with Zero-Stop or .1MRAD (metric) turret systems.
**Must have “double-turn” turrets with .1MRAD (1cm) adjustments.

Vortex Razor GII 4.5-27x56

New scope...if something is missing, add :)

New to this whole thing. Recently purchased a brand new 82A1 and I need a reasonable scope. My budget is $1000-$2000 top.

I was thinking Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP MRAD EBR-2C. Any other suggestions where I can maximize my $$ and get the best for the $$?

Also any coupons, specials I should be looking for?

Many thanks

Many thanks Krisitian and thanks for making the time to help. They all look like solid options.

Didn't see USO on the list. I use an ER25 on an HTI bolt gun and that thing has to have more recoil than an M82. They also have the benefit of a repositional erector so you get the most elevation possible. I'm wondering if they were just to expensive to make, nobody ever made one like it. Then there's the SN9 but it's a different animal.

With that rifle, if you plan on really taking it out there, elevation is gonna be a necessity.

I wouldn't want an SFP on it either but that's up to you. There's a lot of Mk4's on that list and I have a couple but I wouldn't put 'em on that rifle. I know when Barrett came to Ft Lewis to give a class on the then XM107, they had Leupold scopes then and they instantly had problems trying to get all the elevation out of it. They were using +MOA bases and still using the bottom of the reticle.

You can probably find an ER25 with all the bells and whistles here in the PX for ~$2000 and new they were over $3000. You may be limited on reticle selections that way though.

USO has a new one, the B25, it doesn't have the repositional erector but it's still a solid optic.

S&B was the one I planned to put on there, a PM2, but usually they're higher than $2000 for a 5-25x.

ATACR would be another good one.

Thanks partner. You just took me over the 2K spend limit but I really like the U.S. Optics ER-25 :). I got very excited now.

Thanks again for making the time to help Sir

And talking about timing. What do you think about this ER25 model for sale on this forum?
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/wts-wtt-us-optics-5-25-h59-illuminated.6935885/

Well I just purchased this for a really good price. Brand new, can't find those anymore so I pulled the trigger on it. Perfect timing

Last edited: