• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Scope for AR-15

Jeremybj

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2011
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a scope for my AR. I want to get away from my Eotech and go to something with some magnification. I want to get something that will get me out to 300 yards maybe a little more. I have it narrowed down to 2 scopes. I am looking at either a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10 or the Super Sniper 3-9. I want something that I can still take out a 'yote at close range, but want to use it to do a little long range target shooting. What would you guys recommend? If you have any other scopes in mind, I would like to hear it, but maybe try to give me your recommendation between the 2 I listed as well. Thanks in advance.

Re: Scope for AR-15

If you really want FFP in a low power range go SS 3-9.

I plan on putting a pst 2.5-10 on mine. That's after I've used a SS 3-9 and SS 5-20.

5-20 to much magnification.

3-9 could only use it as a 5-9.

Used a Pst 2.5-10 to pop a egg at 400 yards today.

Leupold VX-R 3-9 partol may be another choice. It is not a FFP scope, but I am not sure the FFP is needed below 10x.

You don't hold for wind or elevation under 10X? I routinely use my FFPs under 10X from 200-700yds....

I just picked up an SWFA SS-HD 1-4x24 scope to replace my Eotech on my M4. It will allow me to shoot in close quarters and still be effective out to several hundred meters.

Just something to consider

I pretty much always dope I guess. I thought about a 1-4 power, but am not sure if that will give me the magnification I am after. the FFP is pretty much a non issue to me as I feel I will have it on max power if I plan on doping. One thing I like about the SS is it is you don't need to adjust the paralax. So there are pros and cons to each scope at this point.....

I had the same requirements, close and some 300 yd shots at coyotes/prairie dogs, and didn't have much money. I went with a Bushnell Legend 5-15 x 40 with a mildot reticle. I really like it, cranked down to 5 for gophers and close up, up to 15 for long shots. It's a prairie dog killing machine!

If I had more money I'd of picked something else.

Tough to go wrong with either of your listed choices.