• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for Barrett 82A1 .50

TheMoose21

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2021
Naples
Hey there.

I am just about to pull the trigger (pun intended) on a 82A1 .50 and want a scope to go with it. I'd rather be around the $1,500 mark (not including the mount).

While I understand the 82A1 is designed to keep the recoil to a minimum, I'd like to buy something that is man enough for the task.

This rifle will get light use, but I'd still like to be able to hit something!

Any suggestions or recommendations would be gratefully received.

Thank you!

Reactions: HOOFER
^I agree.

A used XRS II bushnell would work fine. Lots of different options if you are open to buying used.

Gen II XRS, Mk5, XTR3, Gen II Razor.

I have an XTR3 that has taken everything I've thrown at it on a 110BA 338LM and a Steyr 50 cal. And I believe in the durability of the other three I mentioned as well.

Here you go. Built for the 50 bmg.

Thank you for the suggestions so far. I will work through the list. Yes, open to used.

Still trying to understand exactly what each number means and how that will relate to being used on the 82A1.

I'd put a 4.5-14x50 mark 4 on it just to give it that classic barrett look.

The Barrett’s are not that hard on optics. SCARs and certain pellet guns are much worse. I have a mountain of kit on my M107A1 and never had a problem.

88B8AA4C-6AF9-46B6-8530-C0F6753C6221.jpeg