• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Scope for Cadex Defense 6.5 CM

DECreedmoor21

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2019
Hi all,

So happy to be making my first post. To give you all some background, I have been shooting for about 5 years now and a friend of mine is getting me into precision rifles and long range shooting. I just bought a Cadex Defense Guardian Tac chambered in 6.5 CM last week and am beyond excited.

Now I need a scope for it. I purchased a CVLife 6-24x50mm and my friend laughed in my face. I use CVLife scopes on my scar 16s and Daniel defense as well as their red dot sights on almost all of my carbines. I have never had trouble being accurate but I know a lot more variables will come into play when shooting past 100-300 yards. Here lies my question: are $3000+ scopes worth it?

If so can anyone recommend what would do best for 600-1000 yards or what are some options I could begin to look into. From peeking around the forum I see a lot of y’all lean towards Nightforce and Vortex. I’m not worried about a budget but if I’m paying for a scope that costs thousands I would just want to make sure I am getting my money’s worth and not just paying for a brand name. I have always leaned towards the highest quality of guns but I always assumed scopes didn’t matter as much.

Thank you for any advice,

Joe

Attachments

• 27FF5FE9-499A-4163-B51C-90CABFBC1FCF.png
    27FF5FE9-499A-4163-B51C-90CABFBC1FCF.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
You're kidding on the cvlife scope right?

haha! Same reaction my friend gave me. Not kidding though. I will send pictures of my CVlifes when I get home tonight. Bought a red dot originally for my Kriss Vector and have stuck with the company ever since. Finally looking to branch out I suppose

Found a picture of the 6-24 box in my camera roll in case anyone thought I was joking. Just looking for some help :)

sorry if I’m a noob

Attachments

• 2659F972-D4E9-4F60-A8C7-E541F52A8532.jpeg
    2659F972-D4E9-4F60-A8C7-E541F52A8532.jpeg
    297.4 KB · Views: 42
I would honestly recommend an ATACR 5-25...

If your budget does not allow for that, look into the following.

Vortex razor II
Vortex razor I
Vortex viper PST II
Bushnell LRHS
Bushnell LRTS
Bushnell DMR II
Athlon Ares
Athlon Cronus

Im sure any of those will work great for you and be more appropriate on your rifle...

Reactions: Tweedycarcass23jonb
you put a $50 scope on a $5500 rifle?

shit i could have bought two scopes instead of a pair of aadmount scope caps for my NF

get a ATACR 7-35 in MilXT and thank me later

Reactions: jtackmann
haha! Same reaction my friend gave me. Not kidding though. I will send pictures of my CVlifes when I get home tonight. Bought a red dot originally for my Kriss Vector and have stuck with the company ever since. Finally looking to branch out I suppose

We'd be happy to assist you, give us a call at 916-670-1103 and we can help you choose the right optic for your needs :)

In case anyone thought I was lying haha. Put on the $16 red dot that normally sits on my scar for extra laughs.

I ordered the Nightforce. Should be here by the end of the week! Thank you all for the help! Hopefully it’s great.

also anyone have any bipod recommendations? Have a feeling my knockoff Atlas may not do so great

Attachments

• 78DB33F5-2EDF-446D-B8A6-DFD50126703B.jpeg
    78DB33F5-2EDF-446D-B8A6-DFD50126703B.jpeg
    304.5 KB · Views: 60
Altas Cal. a real one.

didn't know they were knocking off the CAL now if the one you have isn't real???

In case anyone thought I was lying haha. Put on the $16 red dot that normally sits on my scar for extra laughs.

I ordered the Nightforce. Should be here by the end of the week! Thank you all for the help! Hopefully it’s great.

also anyone have any bipod recommendations? Have a feeling my knockoff Atlas may not do so great

Hell yes! That’s actually pretty awesome man. Good choice on the NF. Let us know what you think when it arrives. I’d shoot it with the red dot once just for the hell of it.

My $.02 . . . . . adjusted for inflation.

I have a NF ATACR 7-35 with the Mil-XT reticle. It. Is. Amazing. It's also $$$.

I just got the Burris XTR III 5-30 with the SCR2 reticle. It too is an amazing scope. And it's half the price of the NF if you know where to shop.

For up to 1k yards, get the Burris. You'll hardly notice the difference and the eye box / FOV is better on the Burris. With the Burris you'll save some money so you can buy more ammo and shoot the heck out of your new gun. BTW, regardless of which scope you get, get the NF extreme duty ultra light rings.

I promise you, just taking the nightforce out of the box you will see it's 20x better than any $50 scope.

Okay I admit I was wrong!!!!! This thing is incredible!! I simply cannot believe the clarity haha. The difference in the glass quality insane! Just no comparison!! Thank you all SO MUCH!! Just need my muzzle break to ship and I’ll be all set!!

Anyone have any recommendations for a 1-6x better optic for my Daniel Defense AR? Seems like Trijicon VCOG Or AccuPower are popular? I’m throwing out all my CVLife!!

Attachments

• 316AF99D-02E2-4307-AD25-39B9D4785994.jpeg
    316AF99D-02E2-4307-AD25-39B9D4785994.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: JakeM
You almost got it right...For God’s sake, please remove and destroy that Burris PEPR mount that once graced your CVwhatever scopes and get some quality rings. Preferably costing more than $80.

Reactions: JakeM
You almost got it right...For God’s sake, please remove and destroy that Burris PEPR mount that once graced your CVwhatever scopes and get some quality rings. Preferably costing more than $80.
I recommend vortex PMR rings, 30mms are $120 from them. If you can't git them before you shoot, shoot to see what your capable of and then mount the good rings on.