• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for getting into LR shooting

DrillersGoDeeper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
North Louisiana
Just purchased this scope and would like your opinion on the purchase. I knew I wanted the mil/mil, but also wanted the FFP, which this scope is not. (Got this for dealer cost, but they didn't have the FFP in stock at this time, with no idea when they would get one).

Looked at the 6-24x50, but thought for the price difference I would be better off with this one. Thanks!

Sightron Riflescopes SIII Series SIIISS832X56LRMDCM

Will be going on a Savage 12LRP 6.5CM, Ken Farrell 30 MOA base, and haven't decided on rings yet. FWIW

I think you made a great choice, here's mine with 2-MOA reticle. Oh, med TPS rings, btw.
lKRUlUD.jpg

Thanks for the reply! Almost bought some high Warne rings today, but decided to hold off and research a little more... Where is best place to buy the TPS rings?

Last edited:
I've got medium seekins rings on a 20 moa farrel base on my Savage LRP. I could have used lows and still had plenty of room for butler creek caps.

Read a bunch on the Seekins rings; Just found some TPS medium rings for sale on eBay for $70. They will be here next week. If that's not low enough, I'll check on something different then. Again, thanks for the replies!

Also found a Vortex 30mm bubble level for cheap on eBay also! (New)

Last edited:
Great scope works great!!
However,if you have any warranty issues you will be screwed!!

PSE EVO 60 Lbs.
Blacked out

Not looking to keep going back & forth, been searching since you posted this reply, and everything I found while searching "Sightron warranty" on Google and here on the Hide says they have excellent warranty and Customer Service... Like I read somewhere here before, "The best warranty is the one you never need!" Hope this holds true for me!

Read a bunch on the Seekins rings; Just found some TPS medium rings for sale on eBay for $70. They will be here next week. If that's not low enough, I'll check on something different then. Again, thanks for the replies!

Also found a Vortex 30mm bubble level for cheap on eBay also! (New)

As you can see in my pic, the Med. TPS rings are the perfect height to clear the barrel. I went with PMA tool scope level. http://www.pmatool.com/popup_image.php?pID=177

Last edited: