• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for H&K SR9 - German Precision Optics?

enichols

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2010
Southern CA
Hi Hide,
I'm contemplating replacing the optic on an HK SR9 .308. At the moment, it wears an older Swarovski 6x42 ZFM (same scope as the SSG69) in 30mm rings with ring reducers for 26mm. The scope has a simple T-post style reticle and bullet drop compensator turrets, calibrated in meters.

I'm thinking to update the scope with something a little more modern - I'd like some kind of mil-based reticle and mil-adjusted turrets. I'd also like it to keep some of the form factor of the ZFM, with relatively low profile turrets and a 44mm or smaller objective (important so that the HK charging handle doesn't contact the scope). I have an ARMS claw mount with 30mm STANAG rings so I'd like to stay with 30mm tubes.

I was tempted to use one of the Trijicon Credo 2-10x36 scopes as it seems to fit the bill nicely. However I noticed the German Precision Optics Spectra 4x 2.5-10x44i scope, which also has mil-adjusted turrets and at least a mil based elevation reticle. Does anyone have experience with these GPO scopes? Good/bad/ugly? SFP/FFP doesn't really matter to me here as the rifle is not going to be used past 600 yards, and I have my bolt action match rifles with LR FFP optics for shooting further distances and competition. Durability is definitely important. Budget is capped at $1k.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited:
We have handled GPO Riflescopes since Mike Jensen (former president of Zeiss USA) opened German Precision Optics up. Well made dependable scopes that are priced lower than the competition. We do have their SPECTRA 6x 2-12x44i - BRWi on sale for only $649.99 and we just received a demo unit from our rep of their GPOTAC 8X 1-8x24itac - HS I for only $999.99