• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for lightweight build.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2012
CA
Alright guys, so here is my project. I have a Defiance Deviant action, 20" Proof barrel with APA little bastard, Timney trigger, and I will be dropping it into a Manners EH1 with their Gen2 chassis. I am going with a .308 because I already have a few .260's and I have a boatload of match .308 ammo to burn up. I am trying to decide between:

Leupold MK6 3-18X44 (TMR) M5C2 turrets (#170826) 23.6 oz (Already own one on my wife's rifle)

Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18X44 (#ET45184GI) 27.3 oz

Nightforce NXS 2.5-10X42 (MIL-R) (#C461) 20.5 oz

I am leaning toward the Bushnell because I like the 18X and it will likely track better than the Leupold. Just looking for some other opinions or even options. Hoping to have it around 8 pounds with optic for a lightweight precision rifle / hunting rifle.

I have an LRTS and am extremely impressed with the optics. I think it makes for a great lightweight tactical/hunter in its price range. I would also highly recommend you look for a used Premier LT 3-15x50 as that is an outstanding optic for the price!

I have a vortex razor light hunter I am liking so far. It won't come with tact turrets but I see on vortex site you can have turrets cut for it.

Of the three you listed I think the Leupold sounds the best.
It has a nicer form factor than the Bushnell, and is a bit lighter.

I'd exclude the NF, the max magnification on it is nearly half the other 2, and has a SFP reticle.
It feels much less comparable for what it sounds like you're looking for.