• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for LMT MWS

USMC#1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2013
I need a scope recommendation for a LMT in 308!

Don't want. $3000 Worth of optic but need something that will enable me to get the most out of the rifle.
Hogs
Prairie dogs
Snipping courses and competitions...

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• E0077E0E-029B-44A7-87EB-F45AA69C037B-2722-0000015B5A17E0AD.jpg
    E0077E0E-029B-44A7-87EB-F45AA69C037B-2722-0000015B5A17E0AD.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 26
I just picked up a SWFA 5-20x50 for my MWS. Heading to the range today to sight it in and see how well it performs. Based on the reviews I've read the 5-20x50 is a great optic for money. All I can say thus far is that the turrets have a great feel to them (good size, nice tactile clicks and very audible). The scope itself feels rather beefy and seems to be built very well. The glass...it's tough to gauge for two reasons 1) all that I can compare it to is my Leupold Mark AR 2) it's tough to tell how nice it really is when I've only held it up to my eye in the house. If you're considering an SWFA let me know and I'll get more in depth for you after I try it out today.

Leupold mk6 1-6 looks to be awesome, I liked it when I saw it listed for about $1950, they just sent me mil pricing and now its a done deal.

Reactions: Itsadryheat
I have a Nightforce 2.5-10x32 Mil/Mil w ZeroStop. It is an awesome scope for the LMT MWS. $1549.00 From about 10 yards to 600+ it does all I want and more.

I have got a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50 with the rapid Z 1000 .308 BDC reticle on my MWS, and for practical purposes on a rifle that will be used at many varying ranges I have had great results with it. Its not as easy to keep the groups 100% precise with it but that said, the glass is better than my N/F stuff, but its defiantly not going to be as durable in a catastrophic incident. But the conquest takes the recoil fine and a few decent bumps here and there and has not lost zero ever from it, its one of the best 700 dollar glass purchases I have made.

I've been running a NightForce F1 3-15x50 on my LMT. It's a great scope. It tracks perfectly and the glass is crystal clear. The only downside is its heavy. If your doing a lot of long range shooting then its a great choice or if your shooting tiny groups at 100 the 15x is great to see your bullet holes. . But if your not shooting far And weight is an issue I would get something smaller like a 1-6 or 2-10.

I'm in the same boat USMC#1. I've narrowed my search down to a Nightforce 2.5-10x32(MOAR ret), SWFA 3-15x42 or a Vortex 2.5-10x32. I have decided to use a slightly forward bobro mount. I'm leaning towards the NF because I run a NF 5-22x50 on a GAP Crusader right now and i can't say enough good things about it. Good luck in your search!

Semper Fi

I put a Nightforce 3-15 MLR on mine and its a good match. The LMT MWS is no lightweight, so I wasn't looking for a smaller scope.

I put a Nightforce 3-15 MLR on mine and its a good match. The LMT MWS is no lightweight, so I wasn't looking for a smaller scope.

Yea, there is nothing light about that weapon. That 3-15 is fine choice too.

I wish Nightforce made their 2-10x32 with First Focal plane. If they did I would swap out my F1 and throw it on my 700 5R 300WM