• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for mini 14

Mildot

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2003
Central Indiana
I picked up one of the new model stainless Mini 14's for a truck gun and wanted to put a low power scope on it. I have had Mini's in the past and know they are hard on scopes [supposedly the new ones have a different gas valve ID and are more scope friendly]. I was thinking about either a Leupold fixed 4 power or a Leupold 1.5-4 shotgun scope.

Anybody have a favorite scope that has held up well on theirs?

Re: Scope for mini 14

Hi Michael,

Have you tried either of these scopes on a Mini? I would be afraid because of their quality level they would not hold up.

Thanks, Mike

Give the iron sight set a try-out. If you can focus on the front sight post, good hits from a 300 yard BSZ on E sized targets out to about 400 yards with a center of mass hold will be possible.

Conquest 1.8-5.5X 38mm Matte (Z-Plex) or Conquest 4X 32mm Matte (Z-Plex) either would be good for that application. I would lean toward the variable.

Thanks guys.

I have a Conquest 3-9 on a Tikka .308 and really like it, I will look at their low power offerings. With my aging eyes a scope makes it much easier to hit what I am shooting at. I have stuck with the irons on my AR's and lever guns but wanted to put a scope on this one.

Thanks!

Vortex diamond back something in their lower power range like 1.5-5 or, 2-7 would be nice. I also thought the optics were better than the leupolds at a better price. mounted one on a friends gun and it shot just fine easy to shoot to the accuracy potential of the rifle.