• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for my new Seekins SP10

Don-n-Texas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2011
Houston now in Denton County
I just got a Seekins Sp10 6.5 CM. I’ve been looking for a scope to go on it. Now it’s on the way. So I need to decide quickly. Well not that quick. But anyway.
I’m trying to decide now between Leupold 3.6x18 or Nightforce 2.5x20.
I would appreciate opinions. Or other scopes to consider.

Thank you
Don

Of those 2 options... Nightforce all day.

Leupy is outdated tech, and is fragile inside.

I've never seen any bad reviews about the Vortex AMG and Razors. Might be worth looking into? I can't afford one, so never spent a lot of time behind them, but the short times I have, they were nice.

I think Vortex is to heavy in my opinion for a gas gun. I think your right about Leupold.

Thank you for your input.

The AMG is 28 ounces so pretty light but I have run a 3-18 Razor II on my 6.5 and .308 ARs without a problem. Comes down to the use.

Seeing as you have them pop one on top and see how it feels for you. If you don;t have a mount even if just setting it up there and attaching it with some string or bungee will give you an idea if the weight is ok for you. I know some don't like the weight but it was never a problem for me.

Reactions: Don-n-Texas
Not able to comment on either Leupold or Vortex, but have 3 6.5CM AR’s and two wear Bushnell LRTSi’s and one a DMR2 Pro. All three get to 1000 with ease. LRTSi about 8oz less than Pro and for nice balance carrying and hunting, Pro more a range gun. All reasonably priced, good glass and repeatable tracking.
New Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50 at 22ish oz. might be a certain option, as well.

Reactions: Rob01
Compared to NF.
I’d go ZCO 420. Only 6oz more.
DMR3 is very nice and 7oz more but saves money if that’s a concern. Both 25 yrd parallax.

Reactions: deersniper