• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for NRL 22 Base Class with CZ457 Provarmit

shax2lex

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
Columbia, SC
Just getting into the 22lr game. What scope is everyone running on their CZ457 Provarmit Supressor Ready to stay under the $1,050 total cost for NRL22 Base Class? Thanks!

Bushnell match pro whenever its available again, maybe next year. If you want something this winter look at Athlon argos.

Probably a dumb question but are you guys running first or second focal plane scopes for the .22LR? Thanks!!!!

I don't have an argos but very pleased with my ares. Can't go wrong with athlon imo.

Athlon scopes have some of the clearest glass that I have seen!! Those things rival scopes that cost $1,000 more!

With a rifle MSRP of $588, you'll have to stay under $462 MSRP for your scope due to the $1,050 limit for base class... MSRP is what matters, not the actual price.

Bushnell match pro whenever its available again, maybe next year. If you want something this winter look at Athlon argos.
$499 MSRP is over the OP's remaining limit for base class

I’m not a match shooter so others should comment but there’s this.

$712.49 MSRP - you won't see those in Base class.

Reactions: Moe Ron
$450 without illumination
Forgot about that option (y)

What is a good rifle to start with in that $588 MSRP class? Thanks!
Scope and rifle need to be under $1,050 MSRP - how you split it is up to you. Given the strong advantage of a well featured FFP scope like the Match Pro ($450-500, if they ever make more of them), that leaves just enough budget for the Tikka T1x or some CZ 457 variants. Both shoot great.

I started out in base class with a Tikka T1X (MSRP $499) and a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-16x44 (MSRP $449). There's definitely some features that I missed with the Vortex (locking turrets, zero stop) but I was competitive with it like that for several months before I started upgrading out of base class.

1911 Shootist what .22LR ammo did you find those rifles to like the best? Thanks!
Every rifle is different, so you have to test several different models at least, and different lots of each. That said, price to performance ratio for my guns has always had the sweet spot in the $9-12/box range.