• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scope for POF 12.5" 308 SBR

felix5616

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2010
New Hampshire
I have a Patriot Ordinance Factory 12.5" 308 SBR that i am going to mate with a suppresor. I'd like recommendations/suggestions from anyone using a similiar set up as to what scope magnification would best suit this set up. Most shooting from this set up will be under 400 yards, a small amount of shots past 600 yards.

Originally acquired mine as a thermal setup. But gravitated back to 6.8 so day scoped it with a Trijicon Accupoint 1-6x24 in a Bobro mount. Works great for me. Also found it likes Federal Fusion 180 grain factory loads. Use it mostly as a truck/buggy rifle for pigs. Took the suppressor off so as to have it shorter and more maneuverable for this purpose. But it does give new meaning to the term “bang stick”…..it is loud and produces 🔥 It gets nasty fast with the suppressor running too…..noticeable difference than my 16” Revolution.

I have a 3-18 Meopta Optika 6 with a Scalarworks mount on my 16" POF Revolution but with the 12.5", I'd go with the Primary Arms PLxC 1-8 shorty with their PLX mount. I actually use this setup on a 12.5" POF P415. The 1X is better than a red dot, IMO, glass is super clear and the scope is just exceptional. The combo is amazingly light, about the same weight as an RDO and 3X magnifier.

IMG_4381.jpg