• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for Remington 700 Under $1000

joshua2727

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2018
I recently picked up a police trade-in Remington 700 rifle built by Gruning Precision and am looking for a scope. I currently have a Nightforce ATACR 4-16 on a FN Scar 20s but I would prefer not to spend ATACR money as this rifle was a total impulse buy. My first thought is to pick up another Vortex Viper PST II 5-25 as I already have had a couple of these on other rifles and they are great scopes for the money. That said, the Vortex is a bit long in the tooth so I have to assume that there is something else available that is better for similar money.

What's the new hot optic in this price range?

Could split the difference and get a NF NX8 4-16 for a hair more than your budget

I recently picked up a police trade-in Remington 700 rifle built by Gruning Precision and am looking for a scope. I currently have a Nightforce ATACR 4-16 on a FN Scar 20s but I would prefer not to spend ATACR money as this rifle was a total impulse buy. My first thought is to pick up another Vortex Viper PST II 5-25 as I already have had a couple of these on other rifles and they are great scopes for the money. That said, the Vortex is a bit long in the tooth so I have to assume that there is something else available that is better for similar money.

What's the new hot optic in this price range?
Do not buy the PST II... Either pickup a used Razor or get a used NF or something like that.

Here's a couple great options... The First is on sale from an MSRP of $1,499 down to $569...

This one is normally about $1,250... On sale for $1,114... If you have LEO/MIL/VET credentials, you can get a bigger discount at EuroOptic. Especially on NF scopes.

Reactions: Evlshnngns
Don’t over look the strike eagle, I had the 5-25 and the new 3-18 both held their own in their respective price ranges.
Vortex was off my radar for a little while until they stepped up and help a lot of people out that they didn’t necessarily have to. Now I’m probably going to pick ups few. There’s nothing wrong with the pst either, I just think the strike eagle offers more trendy options. Any of the athlons from 550$ and up are great budget scopes as well, if you can find a Cronus for 1000$ you won’t find much better in that price same with a Burris xtr3.

Could split the difference and get a NF NX8 4-16 for a hair more than your budget
The Nx8 only comes in a 2.5-20 or a 4-32. Op I recently picked up a Burris xtr3 so far I’m pleased with it not bad for the price.

The Nx8 only comes in a 2.5-20 or a 4-32. Op I recently picked up a Burris xtr3 so far I’m pleased with it not bad for the price.

Great suggestions by everyone so far. The Burris XTR3 is definitely on my radar. I've also considered the NX8 if I can find a decent used one.

Is the XTR2 a bad scope? I see the are very cheap these days as posted above, 550 new at EuroOptic is hard to ignore.

Reactions: FuhQ
Great suggestions by everyone so far. The Burris XTR3 is definitely on my radar. I've also considered the NX8 if I can find a decent used one.

Is the XTR2 a bad scope? I see the are very cheap these days as posted above, 550 new at EuroOptic is hard to ignore.
I'd buy the Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 currently on sale at a steal of a deal selling for $565.49 at Walmart online with free shipping and free returns within 90 days if considering a $500-$600 spend. It's way clearer with much easier to see reticle than the Burris XTR2's and very close to the image quality of the XTR3 and again, easier to see the reticle in the Athlon.

I bought a Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 F1 followed by my first Athlon Ares BTR G2 4.5-27x50 I paid $700 on sale at that time not the cheaper current $564.49 price. After comparing and using both I ended up buying 2 more of the same Athlon Ares BTR G2's instead of another Nightforce NX8 and got rid of both of my more expensive Japan made Tract Toric LR 4-20x50 scopes with German Schott glass since I much preferred the Athlon Ares a lot better regardless of their huge price difference.

Buy several different brands of scopes all at the same time to compare side by side among each other and keep the one you feel is the best and just return the rest for refund. I've yet to find a $1000 and under (NON ATHLON BRAND) scope that is better than the Athlon Ares BTR G2 except for the Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 RD MRAD currently on sale for $699.99 with free shipping at Scopelist and EuroOptic which I'd rate at around the same quality as the Burris XTR3's with the XTR3's having a wider FOV.

I can assure you if you always have at least an Athlon Ares BTR G2 and Meopta Optika 6 in your possession at all times, you'll probably be returning a lot of future scopes costing a lot more money after always comparing them to these.

Last edited:

No, the XTR-II is a fine scope, it’s made in Philippines and uses Japanese ED glass (better scope than anything China spits out, and that’s said through my own scope experience). It’s the same factory that builds the XTR-III’s. I have about 3-4 of these XTR-II 5-25x50’s that are on sale at EuroOptic. They’re just fine. 👍🏼

The only differences I’ve personally noticed between my XTR-II’s and XTR-III’s is that the 3 has a little bit better glass, and smoother turrets and controls. Other than that, pretty much the same scope.

The glass in my XTR-II’s (when tuned with parallax and diopter) has no problem reading words and decals on boats and waverunners at 800+ (never ranged it, but it’s close to 1,000) yards from one end of my slough to the beginning of the next…

Last edited:
Reactions: 308pirate
I haven't made my final decision but I'm leaning heavily towards the Meopta Optika 6 for the money it seems like a great choice.
I would look through one and handle one in person first... I wasn't "wowed" when I looked through a couple of the new Optika6 at my LGS... They were "ok". Plus, the turrets were kind of janky, and the magnification rings were HUGE (abnormally large). I was very unimpressed, despite how folks talk about them on here.

The Zeiss V4 is just a superior scope, IMO. As a matter of fact, just bought another one last Friday, and nobody was home 2 days in a row, so just got it today, and mounted it up. I own $3-4K scopes, but I still buy the V4's for hunting rifles because they're light, and they work.

The burris XTR-II and XTR-III scopes are great, too...Have quite a few of those, as well.

I would look through one and handle one in person first... I wasn't "wowed" when I looked through a couple of the new Optika6 at my LGS... They were "ok". Plus, the turrets were kind of janky, and the magnification rings were HUGE (abnormally large). I was very unimpressed, despite how folks talk about them on here.

The Zeiss V4 is just a superior scope, IMO. As a matter of fact, just bought another one last Friday, and nobody was home 2 days in a row, so just got it today, and mounted it up. I own $3-4K scopes, but I still buy the V4's for hunting rifles because they're light, and they work.

The burris XTR-II and XTR-III scopes are great, too...Have quite a few of those, as well.

I like the Zeiss V4 as well but this is going on a target shooting rifle so I definitely want something with a few more features. I'll have to see if I can find a Meopta dealer around here to look at one. I'd really prefer to just buy another ATACR but my wife would divoce me.

Rifle scope is going to be on:
pix501333717.jpg

Reactions: Tikkaguy
I like the Zeiss V4 as well but this is going on a target shooting rifle so I definitely want something with a few more features. I'll have to see if I can find a Meopta dealer around here to look at one. I'd really prefer to just buy another ATACR but my wife would divoce me.

View attachment 8258297
I think you would be more than happy with the 5-30 optika 6. They have a state of thr art facility at home. The conquest v4 is a hunting scope. Probly a good one at that. I did hear a few complaints about tracking issues here and there on the rockslide forum. Didn’t inspire confidence in me. Think euro optic had a sale on the meotac 3-12x50 for 1000 but it’s only 12 power. The glass is near pmii levels but there isn’t a lot of reviews out there. I think the 5-30 would be a good bet. Think euro also had a close out xtr iii 3-18 for 850 as well.

View attachment 8258297
Then I would avoid the Meopta, and save some coin for something nicer, like the Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x50, or a Burris XTR-III 5.5-30x56 SCR2.

If you’re on a very strict budget, EuroOptic has the Burris XTR-II 5-25x50 SCR MIL on sale for $569. You won’t beat that deal. 👍🏼

Place a want to buy add on here for a used Cronus. Someone will offer one up for $1K or less.
The Cronus and the Burris XTR3 can both be found used for $1K or less and smoke anything else in that price range.

I haven't made my final decision but I'm leaning heavily towards the Meopta Optika 6 for the money it seems like a great choice.
I wouldn't have recommend it if it weren't on sale at this crazy cheap sale price. At least later on when and if you ever decide to upgrade to another NF ATACR or NX8, at least you probably won't be losing any money selling the Meopta.

Burris XTR II 5-25 vs Meopta Optika6 5-30. Both have illumination, both have mil reticles, both appear to be built like tanks.

Is the Meopta glass worth the extra cost? 569 vs 699? Objectively, how close is the glass quality on these two scopes?

The older burris are on sale right now in your price range:

I went through the same thing recently and wound up getting a beater SWFA 10x until I can find what I actually want (a steiner/kahles in the 3-12 or 3-18 range). The Meopta 3-12 someone mentioned above has alpha quality glass IMHO but the knobs have funky markings ("50" instead of "5" for mils) and the reticule isn't a chrismas tree.

Place a want to buy add on here for a used Cronus. Someone will offer one up for $1K or less.
The Cronus and the Burris XTR3 can both be found used for $1K or less and smoke anything else in that price range.

I messaged him about my Cronus that I listed for well under that price in the PX. I agree... it punches well above it's weight for it's price.

But for some people, the color is as important as everything else.

I messaged him about my Cronus that I listed for well under that price in the PX. I agree... it punches well above it's weight for it's price.

But for some people, the color is as important as everything else.

Unfortunately, that's true. I'm not a huge fan of anything brown/fde except for my Scar 20 and I still put a black ATACR on top of it. Some folks might find that silly but the aesthetics of an item are important to me.

SCAR 20.jpg

Reactions: LuvDog
I get it. Ive changed grips and triggers on my CZ’s because I wanted a different color. But for a rifle scope it hasn’t been my top priority. Especially when most of the time they get wrapped in tape anyway

If it weren’t important to people then EO wouldn’t have done a special run of Razors in black

Burris XTR II 5-25 vs Meopta Optika6 5-30. Both have illumination, both have mil reticles, both appear to be built like tanks.

Is the Meopta glass worth the extra cost? 569 vs 699? Objectively, how close is the glass quality on these two scopes?
Very similar to the Optika 6 I looked through at my local shop. I have several of the new Philippines-built XTR-II 5-25x50 SCR's that are on sale at EuroOptic. I personally prefer the Burris.

Very similar to the Optika 6 I looked through at my local shop. I have several of the new Philippines-built XTR-II 5-25x50 SCR's that are on sale at EuroOptic. I personally prefer the Burris.

Thank you for the feedback. I'd really like to give the XTR II a try but all of the bad reviews on the glass I see are a bit unnerving. Did they fix the glass issues when production was moved to the Philippines?

Thank you for the feedback. I'd really like to give the XTR II a try but all of the bad reviews on the glass I see are a bit unnerving. Did they fix the glass issues when production was moved to the Philippines?
The bad reviews are from the old original XTR-II's and XTR-III's. Everyone that I have let look through one of my newer XTR-II has been impressed compared to the older ones. Yes, they moved the XTR-II and III lines to their Philippines plant, and everyone who has looked through both, has said there is a noticeable improvement in the scopes mechanically and optically after moving production there. 👍🏼

@Birddog6424 can give you much more insight than I can, as he's our local Burris guru.

The way to spot an old XTR-II was that it was all black, and only had 8 MIL per revolution turrets. The new updated Philippines version (the ones for sale at EuroOptic) have a silver band around the ocular near the magnification ring, and have 10 MIL per revolution turrets.

Reactions: Birddog6424
The Meopta Optika 6 glass is more in line with XTR PRO and closer to the XTR3 not the XTR2.

Another Meopta Optika 6 option to consider I forgot to mention is the unique 4.5-27x50 FFP 30mm illuminated RD MRAD1 that Koshkin DLO developed with easy to see center horseshoe reticle currently on sale at Sportsman's for $674.97 with free shipping.

The heavier 34mm 5-30x56 Optika 6 RD MRAD on sale for $699.99 at Scopelist and EuroOptic though is the far better deal by comparison doesn't have the quick and easy to see Koshkin DLO center horseshoe reticle if using low magnification with easy to see FFP reticle matters to you.

The Meopta Optika 6 glass is more in line with XTR PRO and closer to the XTR3 not the XTR2.
Maybe comparing the OLD original XTR-II's that were known to suck...But not the new ones. If your old XTR-II's had 8 MIL rev turrets, then you had the crappy ones, and I wouldn't consider that a good comparison point the new ones, if you haven't looked through a new XTR-II with the 10 MIL rev turrets.

Reactions: Scopeye
Another Meopta Optika 6 option to consider I forgot to mention is the unique 4.5-27x50 FFP 30mm illuminated RD MRAD1 that Koshkin DLO developed with easy to see center horseshoe reticle currently on sale at Sportsman's for $674.97 with free shipping.

The heavier 34mm 5-30x56 Optika 6 RD MRAD on sale for $699.99 at Scopelist and EuroOptic though is the far better deal by comparison doesn't have the quick and easy to see Koshkin DLO center horseshoe reticle if using low magnification with easy to see FFP reticle matters to you.

I ordered a Burris XTR II from EuroOptic for 569 plus tax. I'm considering ordering a Meopta so that I can compare side by side and then return the one I don't like.

I ordered a Burris XTR II from EuroOptic for 569 plus tax. I'm considering ordering a Meopta so that I can compare side by side and then return the one I don't like.
Everyone's eyes are different. You might prefer the Meopta. If so, more power to you.

Out of all the budget scopes I’ve had my hands on in the last ten years. That is several, close to twenty different brands and models, I never had one cut mirage at a the mile plate like the meopta 5-30x56. It has the best in class glass for sure.

I'd order both Meoptas if I were you, you'll probably want to keep them both, really after you compared both of these Meoptas to your ATACR.

Last edited:
Out of all the budget scopes I’ve had my hands on in the last ten years. That is several, close to twenty different brands and models, I never had one cut mirage at a the mile plate like the meopta 5-30x56. It has the best in class glass for sure.
I bet it's going to be really close if not up and up compared to his 4-16x ATACR and 4-20x ATACR as well regarding image quality from 5-16x and 5-20x.

Reactions: Gohring65
I bet it's going to be really close if not up and up compared to his 4-16x ATACR and 4-20x ATACR as well regarding image quality from 5-16x and 5-20x.
Interesting. As I’m reading through prior reviews this morning, I’m reading a lot of opinions on Optika 6’s. As noted previously, it seems strange Ilya, Glassaholic and others that are considered very experienced with optics aren’t echoing this. Actually read one opinion who felt the glass is “ok” but not wowed by the Optika 6. Turrets felt “janky”. A lot is anecdotal but just not seeing others that feel the glass is comparable to ATACR and XTR Pro.

Reactions: Scopeye and FuhQ
If you can stretch the budget just a little more, this would be an excellent choice, the price is excellent and Doug is a supporter here.
We are talking an 1105.00 bucks for a high quality, Japanese made scope.

Interesting. As I’m reading through prior reviews this morning, I’m reading a lot of opinions on Optika 6’s. As noted previously, it seems strange Ilya, Glassaholic and others that are considered very experienced with optics aren’t echoing this. Actually read one opinion who felt the glass is “ok” but not wowed by the Optika 6. Turrets felt “janky”. A lot is anecdotal but just not seeing others that feel the glass is comparable to ATACR and XTR Pro.
Only way to tell for sure is buy them all and compare them side by side yourself since everyone's eyes are different. The Optika 6 is being compared to lower magnification scopes set at their max magnification while Optika 6 is backed down at it's sweet spot to compare at the other's max magnification.

The Optika 6 turrets and magnification ring are why I didn't jump on it immediately. From a purely aesthetic point of view they look "janky".

Reactions: db2000 and FuhQ
The bad reviews are from the old original XTR-II's and XTR-III's. Everyone that I have let look through one of my newer XTR-II has been impressed compared to the older ones. Yes, they moved the XTR-II and III lines to their Philippines plant, and everyone who has looked through both, has said there is a noticeable improvement in the scopes mechanically and optically after moving production there. 👍🏼

@Birddog6424 can give you much more insight than I can, as he's our local Burris guru.

The way to spot an old XTR-II was that it was all black, and only had 8 MIL per revolution turrets. The new updated Philippines version (the ones for sale at EuroOptic) have a silver band around the ocular near the magnification ring, and have 10 MIL per revolution turrets.

That's pretty much spot on. The XTRII has been getting under the radar glass upgrades for a decade. They were always tough and reliable, you can drive a nail with them. Now they're sporting some pretty nice glass!

I think the Meopta is a nice scope. I got to spend some time playing with one and running rounds out of a 6 ARC with an Optika 6 optic. But it seems nice for its price point. It's not competing with the solid more expensive scopes. It's a good value at its price point.

If you can stretch the budget just a little more, this would be an excellent choice, the price is excellent and Doug is a supporter here.
We are talking an 1105.00 bucks for a high quality, Japanese made scope.
You're definitely one of the more knowledgeable persons here for sure and though I haven't tried this new model SIII, their previous Sightron SIII 6-24x50's that were being sold for $499 closeout sale price at Cameraland didn't really impress me but for only $499 with the older zero stop (just like the $1200 Maven 5-30x has), can't really complain for a Japanese made scope. Their 10x50x60's are great though.

The new 6-24x50 for $1100 seems a bit pricey (even on sale) IMHO for only a 6-24x50 SFP scope.

It's a lot cheaper at DVOR for $761.00 and sale expires in one day.

"Sightron SIII PLR Zero-Stop 6-24x50mm Mil-Hash Rifle Scope, 30mm Tube, Second Focal Plane (SFP) 28003 ON SALE!" https://www.dvor.com/sightron-siii-...e-scope-30mm-tube-second-focal-plane-sfp.html

The Optika 6 turrets and magnification ring are why I didn't jump on it immediately. From a purely aesthetic point of view they look "janky".
The turrets were less than impressive and very mushy (at least, the ones I messed with at the store were), and that huge cock-ring for the magnification really looks fuck-ugly and is grossly oversized for what it needs to be. It really does look stupid and cheap. Plus, why make it that big? The magnification is the LEAST adjusted part of a scope... Once you set it you really don't mess with it much compared to the turrets and parallax, etc... Why make it the biggest (physically) adjustment on it? Just seems like a piss-poor design to me.

Like I said, I'm not hating, they're not bad scopes, they're just not that great either... They are a nice budget optic. They just need to hit the drawing board and do some serious redesigning to make them look much more appealing and functional.

The turrets were less than impressive and very mushy (at least, the ones I messed with at the store were), and that huge cock-ring for the magnification really looks fuck-ugly and is grossly oversized for what it needs to be. It really does look stupid and cheap. Plus, why make it that big? The magnification is the LEAST adjusted part of a scope... Once you set it you really don't mess with it much compared to the turrets and parallax, etc... Why make it the biggest (physically) adjustment on it? Just seems like a piss-poor design to me.

Like I said, I'm not hating, they're not bad scopes, they're just not that great either... They are a nice budget optic. They just need to hit the drawing board and do some serious redesigning to make them look much more appealing and functional.
This echos what lowlight said essentially. Hopefully they’ll listen and adjust. Like many, I have so many guns and so much glass, I don’t put alpha on everything. Mainly because how technology advances so rapidly that it’s the law of diminishing returns on these rifles I rarely shoot. When I do shoot them though, want a certain standard I’m willing to accept at least. Also, I like buy and trying new things and coming to my own conclusions.

No, the XTR-II is a fine scope, it’s made in Philippines and uses Japanese ED glass (better scope than anything China spits out, and that’s said through my own scope experience). It’s the same factory that builds the XTR-III’s. I have about 3-4 of these XTR-II 5-25x50’s that are on sale at EuroOptic. They’re just fine. 👍🏼

The only differences I’ve personally noticed between my XTR-II’s and XTR-III’s is that the 3 has a little bit better glass, and smoother turrets and controls. Other than that, pretty much the same scope.

The glass in my XTR-II’s (when tuned with parallax and diopter) has no problem reading words and decals on boats and waverunners at 800+ (never ranged it, but it’s close to 1,000) yards from one end of my slough to the beginning of the next…

The glass in the XTRII I had was terrible, sent it in for repair and it came back the same. Everything other than the 50 year old Tasco on my .35 rem has better glass. The turrets were great and tracked well.

The glass in the XTRII I had was terrible, sent it in for repair and it came back the same. Everything other than the 50 year old Tasco on my .35 rem has better glass. The turrets were great and tracked well.
Was it an old XTR-II or a new XTR-II? Makes a HUGE difference... The old ones were known to have crap glass. They fixed that with the newest generation XTR-II (the ones they are selling at EuroOptic).

The cheapest tactical scopes I'll put on a rifle is the Burris XTR-II that is on sale at EuroOptic. That scope new had an MSRP of $1,499, so they're not cheap or bottom-tier scopes, they're just on closeout to move product for room for new product (normal for most companies, including car dealers). And those Zeiss V4's that are on sale for $799, which for a hunting scope, is a steal. The glass is excellent, and that's comparing them to my actual alpha-tier scopes. Is the LRP S3 and ATACR F1 glass better? Sure, but the MSRP prices are double and triple that of the V4. And of course my current-generation Kahles scopes are the top-tier glass in my lineup.

I've learned a lot following this sport for my whole life, and buying things that were junk and living and learning. There's legit reasons why my recommendations will shift over time, and my opinions on things change (I.E. - Arken) after extended periods...Some things are winners and stay relevant in my recommendations, and some things losers and get chunked on the scrap pile.

I saw one scope guy say that actually engineering a really smooth mag ring with the perfect amount of resistance is actually quite expensive. He went on to say that some manufacturers utilize an oversized ring to allow the user to apply more torque thereby reducing the amount of R&D necessary for the scope maker. It seems likely to me that Meopta put their money into the glass on the Optika 6 line (not a bad thing necessarily) and had to save a few pennies in other places.

The cheapest tactical scopes I'll put on a rifle is the Burris XTR-II that is on sale at EuroOptic. That scope new had an MSRP of $1,499, so they're not cheap or bottom-tier scopes, they're just on closeout to move product for room for new product (normal for most companies, including car dealers). And those Zeiss V4's that are on sale for $799, which for a hunting scope, is a steal. The glass is excellent, and that's comparing them to my actual alpha-tier scopes. Is the LRP S3 and ATACR F1 glass better? Sure, but the MSRP prices are double and triple that of the V4. And of course my current-generation Kahles scopes are the top-tier glass in my lineup.

I've learned a lot following this sport for my whole life, and buying things that were junk and living and learning. There's legit reasons why my recommendations will shift over time, and my opinions on things change (I.E. - Arken) after extended periods...Some things are winners and stay relevant in my recommendations, and some things losers and get chunked on the scrap pile.
My ATACR F1 4-16 has the best glass of any scope I've ever owned, I will likely never sell that particular scope. Of course, I paid through the nose for that glass. I would have to admit that Bushnell DMRII 3.5-21 glass was pretty damn close to my eyes and I only paid 1,200ish for that scope when they dropped. My razor II also has impressive glass but it is the 1-6 model so not quite as impressive of a feat. Pound for pound and dollar for dollar the Bushnell tactical scopes have been my favorites over the years but that NF just looks so damn good sitting on top of a rifle.

Old one I guess, it was several years ago, I'd never buy another XTR II, one sample but the glass was terrible. I have two of the XTRIII's, they're great.

I saw one scope guy say that actually engineering a really smooth mag ring with the perfect amount of resistance is actually quite expensive. He went on to say that some manufacturers utilize an oversized ring to allow the user to apply more torque thereby reducing the amount of R&D necessary for the scope maker. It seems likely to me that Meopta put their money into the glass on the Optika 6 line (not a bad thing necessarily) and had to save a few pennies in other places.
Possibly, but that still doesn’t make it look any less retarded and unnecessary. And if that is true, that tells you they are budget scopes, regardless of what someone tries to sell you on it. Because if it’s got great glass, but the turrets suck and aren’t properly engineered for quality, what makes you think they’ll pass a tracking test? If a scope can’t track repeatably and reliably, it doesn’t matter how good the glass is, or how smooth the mag ring is, the scope is garbage.

Just remember… Regardless of brand, budget scopes are budget scopes for a reason, they all have cut-corners…Quality scopes don’t. 😉👍🏼

My ATACR F1 4-16 has the best glass of any scope I've ever owned, I will likely never sell that particular scope. Of course, I paid through the nose for that glass. I would have to admit that Bushnell DMRII 3.5-21 glass was pretty damn close to my eyes and I only paid 1,200ish for that scope when they dropped. My razor II also has impressive glass but it is the 1-6 model so not quite as impressive of a feat. Pound for pound and dollar for dollar the Bushnell tactical scopes have been my favorites over the years but that NF just looks so damn good sitting on top of a rifle.
Don’t fuck around and look through a new Kahles K525i, Zeiss V8, ZCO, Tangent Theta, or Razor Gen3… 😂

Old one I guess, it was several years ago, I'd never buy another XTR II, one sample but the glass was terrible. I have two of the XTRIII's, they're great.
The way to tell the XTR-II generations apart is the old version was solid black w/ 8 MIL turrets. The new version has a silver band on the ocular w/ 10 MIL turrets.

Possibly, but that still doesn’t make it look any less retarded and unnecessary. And if that is true, that tells you they are budget scopes, regardless of what someone tries to sell you on it. Because if it’s got great glass, but the turrets suck and aren’t properly engineered for quality, what makes you think they’ll pass a tracking test? If a scope can’t track repeatably and reliably, it doesn’t matter how good the glass is, or how smooth the mag ring is, the scope is garbage.

Just remember… Regardless of brand, budget scopes are budget scopes for a reason, they all have cut-corners…Quality scopes don’t. 😉👍🏼
The Meopta Optika 6 5-30x56 RD MRAD is a $1250 budget scope (???) I guess that's on sale for $699.99.
I would think what would be considered budget scopes would be an Arken EP5 or Bushnell Match Pro ED and Chinese Vortex scopes.