• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope for Stery SSG 69

Steve Jensen

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2003
Hills of West "by God" Virginia
I've got a new to me Steyr SSG and have a couple of scopes in the safe and on other rifles. I'm a paper-punching, long range elk hunting kinda guy. Not an operator, not on a team, probably not even an average shot, but would like to make the best use of my gear.Are any of these suitable for my use?

Bushnell 3200 3-9x40
Springfield 6X40 with RF out to 700 or 800 yards
Leupold 3.5-10X40 Vari-X III
Leupold 3.5-10X50 Vari-X III
Leupold 4-14X40 Vari-X III

Thanks

Re: Scope for Stery SSG 69

What kind of scope mounts did it come with?
Mine has factory 26mm quick release mounts and they won't hold a 1" scope tube tight enough, 1" tube is just a smeege too small. I found that a Kahles scope with a real 26mm tube held in place with no creep in the rings as I fired it, and that's what most of them used when equiped from the factory with a scope. (And they're darn nice scopes too) Most of the ZF scopes were either a 6x or a 10x straight power.
Keep an eye out on GunBroker or fleabay and you can get one for not much more than you will pay for one of the scopes you were asking about.

Re: Scope for Stery SSG 69

I have a Kahles ZF95 10x 1" tube, mil dot, target turret scope for sale on fleaBay right now. I would be happy to pull the auction for a 'Hide member.