• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Scope height and mounting options

SHO~BIZ308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2011
USA
What would be the recommended scope height for a DPMS 308 SASS?
I currently have Seekins Precision Matched Rings on my scope and the height is 1.26 inches, I personally feel this is not high enough. But one of my biggest problems is every ring company has a different philosophy on how to measure ring height and I am not sure what to measure. I am also trying to decide whether to go with traditional scope rings or a cantilever system. I have seen a cantilever system made by vortex that is 1.47 inches high. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys for all of your insight.

Re: Scope height and mounting options

Cantilever or not is decided if you need your scope more forward than the reiciver is long. If the length is not an issue there is no reason for cantilever.

What scope Will use?

Håkan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuhr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cantilever or not is decided if you need your scope more forward than the reiciver is long. If the length is not an issue there is no reason for cantilever.

What scope Will use?

Håkan. </div></div>
Vortex HS/LR 4-16X44
At this point I have the Seekins rings just a to low for me.

Sled A there is no "correct height".

Get a good sight picture while shouldering the rifle rapidly & you're good to go.

Prone can be adjusted for, just concentrate on the snap shot & whatever height makes that happen.