• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SCOPE HEIGHT?

Re: SCOPE HEIGHT?

It would only affect accuracy if it was an awkward position for you to properly see through the scope. What I do is shoulder the weapon(unloaded of course) with my eyes closed, get a comfortable shooting position, and then open your shooting eye. If everything is right your height and eye relief should be correct. Also I'm assuming you're talking about your 308. Not to much detail in your post.

Yes it is a 308. For years I have been bottoming the adjustable cheek rest and still had to cock my head to one side.
All my rings have always been as low as possible. Then the light bulb just turned on and I realized that my ring have been to low for me.

Have a buddy help you line it out. It's a bitch by yourself because if it's not right the first time it's hard to adjust alone. Mount your base(s) first. Figure out how the company measures their ring height, most likely the space between the top of your mounts to the bottom of the scope. And use pennies to measure the gap A penny is .060 thousandths of an inch.

ijTtbn9pzMruw.jpg

Mine turned out perfect

I learned my lesson on my old rifle when I bought $120 NF rings that were WAY too low. Need pretty tall rings with the AICS stock