• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SCOPE HEIGHT

Duffy1298

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
Jacksonville
Hey guys. I have an MPA BA rifle on the way along with a 5-25 atacr. Curious as to what scope ring height i should go with. Thanks!

Hey - this has been covered before and I copied the information, so am sharing and hope it is of help:

Calculating Scope Ring Height

http://www.mil-rad.com/scope_ring_calculator

Ring Height Calculation

(Obj diameter/2)-((obj diameter-tube diameter)/2)+lens cap thickness + cant

(56/2) + ((56-34)/2)+3

28+11+3= 42 mm or 1.65 inches

you can honestly disregard the cant addition If you want but this gets you in the ballpark. The cant is there for for full pic rail calculations. If your rail is only over the receiver then you can usually disregard it. That changes it to around 1.5 inches which is very typical for a 56mm objective

Reactions: camocorvette
Another way to do it is to stack pennies on you rail until your objtive clears the barrel then measure.

fully described on AmericannRifle Company’s site under M-10 rings. Need to go down the page a bit and you will find it.

Another way to do it is to stack pennies on you rail until your objtive clears the barrel then measure.

fully described on AmericannRifle Company’s site under M-10 rings. Need to go down the page a bit and you will find it.
Thats what I did, took the pennies with and measured. Worked like a charm...

Reactions: Baron23

That's pretty clever.

Reactions: Baron23